2009 Nissan Murano S 3.5L V6 from North America

Summary:

Either you'll love it or hate it

Recall for faulty head gaskets.

Replaced a leaking valve cover gasket.

Replaced a faulty fuel sender.

Replaced both rear windows and power window assemblies - the windows had cracked and detached from the winder mechanism frames.

It's AWD, but still seems to burn through tires - the front OEM tires were done at 16K miles, and all four replacements are about due now (30K later), despite regular rotations.

General Comments:

AWD version handles heavy rain and ice storms very well (we don't get snow where I live), but gets about 2 MPG less than the claimed MPG.

Real world mileage for AWD version - 18 MPG city, 24 MPG highway.

Recommended fuel for the 3.5L V-6 is premium, and it seems to run much better on it.

Large blind spots to the rear.

Poor luggage room for its size.

Very smooth and quiet on the highway.

Very comfortable seating for four adults - five is a stretch unless the fifth passenger is a child.

Powerful V-6 mates well with the CVT, but it still takes some getting used to.

Love it or leave it styling.

My wife loves it, despite its problems.

Review Date: 23rd June, 2012

2009 Nissan Murano from North America

Summary:

Depressing ride! No soul. So ugly. Uggghhhh!

General Comments:

I rented this car for 2 weeks. I hated it. Handling was awful. The car is butt ugly. The interior, especially the dash, was HIDEOUS.

Performance was totally crap. I had power, but the shifting was all wrong. Driving in the mountains, it handled so poorly that I had to return it for a replacement, as it was ruining my vacation. The replacement, a V8 Audi was fantastic.

What a crappy car the Murano is, and I've driven hundreds and owned dozens; this to me was the all time worst, followed by a 2005 Ford Focus, yuck.

Review Date: 28th July, 2010

3rd Sep 2010, 14:50

You don't understand the Murano. It is a quality product, and really you just don't understand the CVT. I bet you if we popped the Jatco 7 speed slushbox (wish it was an option) in the vehicle, it would be your favorite ride. Oh, and if you drive a Venza, you will see what I mean.