2002 Nissan Patrol Review

Model year2002
Year of manufacture2002
Engine and transmission 4.8i Manual
Previous carNissan Patrol

Summary:

One of the most capable four wheel drives on the market with power that puts a smile on my face

Nothing at all.

General Comments:

I was very nervous about purchasing the new 4.8 petrol after my last Patrol being the GQ 4.2 diesel. Unfortunately there aren't enough owners around who post their comments on the vehicle. My concern was fuel economy.

I have found over the past 25000km that my fuel economy has averaged 16L/100km. This was much better than I had expected. It is thirsty by some peoples standards, but you need to keep in mind that the vehicle weighs over 2 tonne.

I have been extremely happy with it. It is a powerhouse and tows like there is nothing behind it, I tow a 600-700 kg camper trailer around. The fuel economy does increase to around 17-18 L/100km when I am towing if the highways are hilly, but can return 15.5-16 L/100km if the highway is relatively flat.

I test drove the manual 4.2 inter-cooled turbo diesel and 3.0 Di in both manual and automatic. Neither of them had the responsiveness or even came near the performance of the 4.8i.

If there are any prospective owners who would like some first hand advice, please feel free to email me.

Quinton_hoffmann@yahoo.com.au.