2000 Nissan Pulsar Reviews

2000 Nissan Pulsar Ti 1.8 from Australia and New Zealand

Year of manufacture2000
Previous carHyundai Excel

Summary:

Usually reliable, economical and surprisingly quick vehicle

Up until tonight on my way home from work I have had absolutely nothing go wrong with this car in the 3 years I have had it.

However, tonight I was travelling at about 50km per hour (3rd gear) when I noticed a loss of power when I went to accelerate a little, the car then stalled. Luckily I was able to pull over safely. I was unable to re-start the car. I called for Roadside assist and they have now notified me it is the Nissan fault that was just announced as a "recall".

General Comments:

Apart from my little "incident" tonight. The car has previously been 100% reliable. Standard servicing has all it has needed until now.

I managed to get 75,000km out of the factory (Dunlop) tyres, which is not bad considering I do at least 70% is city driving.

It's quick off the line and I love the clutch (compared to other cars that I have had).

I get on average of 550 km per 45 litres of fuel, that's city driving only. Up to 650 or more on highway driving.

I find that the car runs more smoothly, has better performance and better fuel economy when run on premium unleaded.

I find that the Ti model looks better in the interior than the lower models and was well worth paying a little extra.

I've also driven this car long distance (e.g. 800+ kms in a day) and have found it very comfortable, both as a driver and a passenger.

Review Date: 3rd November, 2003

2000 Nissan Pulsar ST 1.8 Sedan 1.8 Twin Cam from Australia and New Zealand

Year of manufacture2000
Engine and transmission 1.8 Twin Cam Automatic
Previous carFord Falcon

Summary:

"It breaks all the rules"

The dealer service was shocking. They left a rag in the engine compartment, broke the fuses, broke tail lights and they stole a globe.

Otherwise the engine has stalled once.

Very Reliable.

General Comments:

The car is a comfortable, fuel efficient, stylish and well built and equipped. The car is very zippy and fuel efficient. The ride is a little too firm, but it steers a treat.

Review Date: 3rd March, 2003