1. The transmission had just been replaced when I purchased the Olds Bravada. The vehicle ran amazingly well.
2. The alternator went next.
3. The windshield wipers went next with an expensive motor that went out in the wiper control.
4. All of the brakes and rotors have had to be replaced.
5. I had forgotten, when I first bought the vehicle I had to have the radiator taken completely apart and flushed, replacing all coolant in the system. I was told at that time to never use DEX-TRON supplies.
6. My service light continue to display bright red, but no one can find the problem.
7. My air conditioner compressor just stopped working, and it is only in the 90's.
8. The back windshield wiper motor stopped working months ago, but I haven't replaced it yet.
I can't seem to keep up with the costs of the repairs to operate this Oldsmobile Bravada.
I actually love this vehicle as far as a super ride, and the way the vehicle handles on the road, (If I could just keep it on the road!) I had never actually owned a GM product before, so I did not know a lot about the vehicle when I purchased it.
I guess the thing that really bothers me most is the way the Oldsmobile dealers react when you have a problem with their product. I was told that my vehicle did not qualify for a recall on the wipers, yet, there was a recall.
I am totally disappointed in the vehicle and the amount of money that is required to maintain the vehicle in safe running condition. I have a family, a four year old that is transported in this vehicle, but I do not feel completely safe due to all of the equipment failures that this vehicle as encountered.
I truly feel that GM is making a huge mistake by not putting the customer first. GM will offer a line of automobiles, but normally most customers will not trust the advertisement for GM QUALITY a second time. Financially, I think that mistakes like customer service after the sale, will eventually destroy the GM reputation.
$37,500.00--$40,000.00 for a vehicle is a lot of money to pay for transportation that is unsafe for you and your family.
I am a Registered Nurse. In my profession, if I treated my patients the way GM has treated me and my family, what do you think the outcome would be?
Malpractice! That's the term that is referred to in the medical field. I feel that there should be a class action lawsuit filed against the manufacturer of the Oldsmobile Bravada. If all the customers will support each other, I feel that GM may think twice about "Service after the SALE!"