Generally nothing major has gone wrong with this car. It is known for it's rock solid reliability, but it has needed few things for an 11 year old, some which weren't her fault.
She was an ex-rental before I bought her and the dealer (a family friend) fixed these items prior to my purchase.
- Drivers door handle wouldn't open from the inside. (When repaired the handle stuck out about half an inch, but that never bothered me)
- Was repainted along base, below the rubber side moldings on the sides.
During the 6 months I owned this vehicle, these have been the problems.
- hood release was sticking and not catching when hood was closed. All that was needed was to lube the latch under the hood.
- was backed into while at a stop sign.
Damage to my car was minimal, bumper headlights and grille were bent slightly off kilter, giving it an off look that only I could notice. Also 2 headlight covers were cracked. The Dakota that backed into me needed a whole new rear bumper and hitch.
- A deer ran into the side and bounced off the rear wheel when my mother borrowed the car. All that happened was factory alloy had small dent hardly noticeable.
I called her Tracie.
This car is a known veteran for reliabilty and I trust this car for another 150,000 miles. Engine was very powerful and was quick, though not off the line.
Creamy white paint was very prone to scratches which it had all over body.
Trunk spring was a bit too large for the light trunk, always had to double check to make sure was closed.
Car doors would lock when you shift into drive yet wouldn't unlock when you park.
Drivers seat was leaning toward the center of the car, could never figure out why.
Radio was a bit of a stretch and always wondered why "Unleaded Fuel Only" was written above it.
Dash layout was the best I've had. I could see every guage and switch.
14 inch tires do not grip the road well, even on factory alloys.
Gas mileage is fair to good. 22-town 25-highway.
Had power seats, but was only for back tilt.
Resale value dropped significantly during the time I owned her and is only because this car is a dime a dozen.