1992 Opel Calibra YE 2.0 from Australia and New Zealand

Great car. Best bought in Europe

Engine cutout at 80km/h!!!

Number of leaks.

Number of electrical faults.

General Comments:

Great car to drive.

Top speed 247km/h from 2.0l version stock.

Great stock stereo (Grundig) and seats (Recaro)

As far as I experienced and researched all YE Calibra's suffer major electrical problems at about 80,000kms.

Review Date: 23rd January, 2005

1992 Opel Calibra 2.0L 8v C20NE from Romania

Excellent looking cheap sports car

The seats make disturbing noises. So does the dashboard as it vibrates at over 3000 RPM. The car is not very reliable as I invested over 1500$ in it and I still encounter problems. Lately I have been noticing some gasoline smell every once in a while. Haven't been able to find what the problem is. Everything is dry in the engine... Still it smells and I sometimes imagine myself burning in it.

General Comments:

This car has a stunning look. At least when I remember to wash it. I simply do not understand why Opel stopped producing them. And the car is fast. I get from 0 to 100 Km/h in less than ten seconds even with the 8V engine. And I haven't done any tuning on it. I plan on getting the turbo 4x4 version in the future and tuning it.

Review Date: 3rd November, 2002

9th Jan 2013, 19:26

The gasoline smell is from a leak. Buy and install new gasoline tubes.

1992 Opel Calibra 16v DOHC 2.0i from Serbia

Good looking, elegant, fast female, searching for a deep-pocketed sponsor: Calibra

Every month something goes wrong with the car, especially with electric installations. I invested in it over $2000 and it's still having problems! Left me on the road couple of times!

General Comments:

Fast car, comfortable and fun to drive, but gives you too much headache. Not worth the investment!

Review Date: 24th April, 2002

24th Apr 2008, 23:32

Well if your interested in selling the car to me I will buy it from u!!!

Cause I been looking to buy one.