1999 Opel Tigra Reviews

1999 Opel Tigra coupe 1.4L petrol from UK and Ireland

Model year1999
Engine and transmission 1.4L petrol Manual

Summary:

Nice machine, the one I wanted for sure

Since I've had it the following things have gone wrong; heater radiator developed a hole, leaked all over the interior, very expensive to replace & clean.

Engine radiator and thermostat had to be replaced. had to replace the exhaust from the manifold.

Replaced the headlights as the standard lights weren't up to the job, not near bright enough.

General Comments:

Interior, dated by todays standards, driving position is fully adjustable with good visibility and reasonably good comfort. Don't even think about taking passengers in the back, people always hit their heads when they get into the back. Not designed for the very tall driver.

Exterior, looks amazing and still gets looks even though it's years old, very easy to make it look as good as any new car out these days.

Performance & handling OK I guess, this is my first car, there's plenty of speed under the bonnet, but it takes a while to get up to speed, not much feel from the brakes compared to other cars. Car has a tendency to rise on the inside back wheel when going around corners quickly. Beware of speed-bumps and potholes, I feel every knock in the road in mine.

Review Date: 11th October, 2006

1999 Opel Tigra 1.6 from Greece

Engine and transmission 1.6

Nothing so far... :-)

General Comments:

Opel Tigra is one of the most spectacular cars that are currently being sold in the Greek market. Its superior design and outstanding performance for its category (0-100 in 9.8 sec) makes it a perfect choice for all sport car enthusiasts. Strictly not for people over 35 years old!!!

Review Date: 29th October, 1999

25th Jan 2001, 07:57

I personally think the Tigra is "out of this world", but disagree with the "over 35 years old" statement.

5th Aug 2001, 02:33

I now own a Opel Calibra... I borrowed a Tigra from a friend of mine.. and it drives really smooth and comfortable... I think I'll buy one too.. due to the high fuel prices.

30th May 2002, 03:41

I own a tigra 1.6 since 1996, not so bad except... 2 engines broken due distribution malfunction.

And... I totally disagree with who said "strictly forbidden for over 35", better to say : if you like a funny car... then tigra is the one for u.

17th Dec 2004, 03:06

I have a 1999 Opel Tigra 1.6 engine. I seldom use this even up to now 2004, my kilometer reading is just below 35,000 km. Nice looker and speed. However, before my 30k km reading, I have to replace the timing belt and now before 35k km, I have to replace busted hose for power steering. May be this car is not suited for the tropics.

1999 Opel Tigra 1.6 16V from Switzerland

Engine and transmission 16V

- Water in headlights.

- A/C had to be replaced after 12 months.

- RUST after 4 months!

- Alarm.

- Electronic problems.

- Customer Service is not acceptable.

General Comments:

I really like the style of the car. But due to all the problems I had in the past 3 years, I won't buy another car from that manufacturer.

Review Date: 8th August, 1999

1999 Opel Tigra Cypress Green 1.6 petrol 16V from Italy

Engine and transmission 1.6 petrol 16V

None until now.

General Comments:

A little monster of the road. The reverse gear insertion could be more precise. More pockets in interiors would be very welcome. The speakers are not so good but the CDR 500 is excellent.

Review Date: 8th July, 1999