2002 Opel Vivaro 1.9 DTI from UK and Ireland
Nice to drive, but unreliable
Power steering system leaked twice.
Faulty brake servo.
Stereo developed a mind of its own.
Timing belt broke at 46000.
Boost pump broke on the turbo (while at the dealer having the power steering system fixed).
Radiator started to leak after a loose wiring loom wore a hole in it.
Very comfortable (if unreliable) van and quite refined. Well equipped with airbag, CD player, electric windows, A.B.S. etc.
The problem is you just can't help, but wait for the next thing to go wrong. I believe the Nissan/Renault versions suffer gearbox problems - I just hope this won't.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 22nd February, 2006
25th Apr 2007, 16:27
My Vivaro is a 2002 model. Where do I start with the problems.
1) Fuel sensor failed at 60k. No power.
2) Steering bushings failed at 72k. Impossible to steer.
3) Clutch developed a leak and cannot be fixed to this day. I drive around with the slack taken up on the clutch pedal to keep it from leaking
4) Power steering pump completely failed breaking the shaft.
5) CD gave up after 20K.
6) Exhaust blew a 2 inch hole in the converter at 90k.