2005 Peugeot 407 Reviews

2005 Peugeot 407 2.0 gasoline from Chile

First year of ownership2011
Most recent year of ownership2013
Engine and transmission 2.0 gasoline Manual

Summary:

A pleasure to drive - this car also seems to give me high (unearned) kudos in the eyes of others

The car has been faultless.

General Comments:

Very impressed at the level of luxury - similar to Mercedes, although the seats and interior plastics seem to be of slightly lower quality/durability compared with Merc - but not bad.

Handling is superb. It's not a particularly fast car, but handles well when pushed - e.g, I can floor it and zoom past a line of traffic, and then with a slight twist of the wheel and a dab on the brakes, can ease back onto my side of the road without over-breathing.

Very comfortable - leaves you fresh even after long drive.

However, the windshield side pillar on the passenger side does obscure visibility, and with a passenger in front, I sometimes have to lean forward to get a good view around the passenger.

Everybody seems awed by the styling - the car certainly looks looks like it owes something to Ferrari at least. People seem to infer superior qualities to me, simply because I drive this machine!

I had always had a low opinion of Peugeots re reliability issues, but I have to say that this one has made me review my prejudice.

The long, low nose has caused me to scrape the front numberplate on steep inclines.

Review Date: 30th April, 2013

2005 Peugeot 407 SW 2.0 HDI 136 from Serbia

Model year2005
Engine and transmission 2.0 HDI 136 Manual
Previous carFord Mondeo

Summary:

This car is quiet, stylish cruiser that loves curves

Nothing.

General Comments:

This is my first Peugeot, I bought it because of its fantastic styling.

Peugeot 407 SW is a great car, especially for longer journeys. My greatest impression is that the 407 does not make you tired after a long drive.

This car is not quite as good for city driving. It is long and the front overhang is relatively low. However, this car attracts attention wherever you are, trust me.

My friend, who has a Mazda 6 estate with almost the same engine (2.0HDI 120 hp) and I compared the two cars. You definitely sit higher in the Peugeot, the gear box is definitely better put together compared to Mazda. However, gears in 407 are definitely designed for journeys, not for race, which is fine with me. Also, Peugeot is significantly quieter and the cabin trim is better than Mazda.

It handles beautifully in curves. You have to try Peugeot 407 in curves. You will love it.

Review Date: 4th January, 2006