1990 Plymouth Grand Voyager LE 3.3 Gasoline from North America
I had electrical problems with the low and high beams light. Electrical switch in the dashboard was burnt because of high consumption.
Something is draining the battery, if the van is not used in more than a week. I haven't been able to find the problem. I just unplug the battery if I know I'm not using it for a while.
The high beam bulbs (both) last for a few months only. I checked the alternator, everything is OK.
Last week, the radio-player died.
Rear left glass was falling, so I had to fix it in order to make the glass motor work.
The transmission was rebuilt on 2002, paid $1500 for the work.
Consumption: gives 8km/litre. Not too bad for a big van.
It has been extremely reliable, it never stopped running. Even being this old (400K km), it still stars excellent, even on the coldest mornings. Other than that electrical problem, everything still works (even the AC). Interior in very good condition. Exterior paint holds well (the van have been sleeping outside for the last 3 years). Some rust is starting to appear, nothing too bad. It has plenty of space inside, we use it for camping and for cargo, with very good power. For daily use, we use little cars (WV golf and Pontiac Firefly) that give far better more km/litre.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 9th December, 2005
10th Jan 2006, 14:59
If your Voyager has the Infinity stereo in it, you might check that or have it checked for a short. My Voyager kept draining like that and it turned out to be a short in the power switch circuit of the radio. It was repaired at a car stereo place and I had no further trouble with the battery draining.