2005 Pontiac Grand Am Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2005 Pontiac Grand Am GT from North America

Model year2005
Year of manufacture2004
Previous carFord Mustang

Summary:

Love it, but nothing but problems

I bought my car in December of 2004 and the summer of 2005 I had my first problem with the car. I had to replace the brakes. Following that another problem with the window motors and the windows squeaking as well as the driver's side front wheel squeaking. Then in about January of 2006 I picked up my car from servicing and brought it home a couple hours later it would not start! They could not tell me what the problem was. It's been in there for the past week for the same reason. I love the car, but its been nothing, but a pain to me.

General Comments:

The car is fast and I love that about it. I have no other complaints about the car except for what was listed above. The car is comfortable, fast, and so great to drive except when it is giving me these problems which seems like it always is. I've had to suffer through seeing my poor car be put on a tow truck twice since the beginning of this year it sucks.

Review Date: 4th May, 2006

2005 Pontiac Grand Am SE 3.4 liter from North America

Model year2005
Year of manufacture2005
Engine and transmission 3.4 liter Automatic
Previous carFord Explorer

Summary:

Looks great, handles great

When I got the car home from the dealer, I checked the tire pressure and the right rear tire had only 10 pounds of pressure. I filled it to 35 pounds, and it has been fine since.

I bought this car used, it was a fleet car, and try as I might, I just can't find anything else wrong with it.

General Comments:

My car had 21,500 miles on it when I bought it one year old and I paid $10,995. A good price for a great car.

Handling is great, I like the way it corners.

It has plenty of power, acceleration is great, never a problem to pass.

The seats are comfortable. The interior is pleasing to the eye. I don't like the placement of the cup holders, they are awkward to use. The radio/CD player is easy to use and sounds good.

The car looks good. Mine has the rear spoiler which really sets it off in red.

Highway mileage is as advertised. City mileage is less than advertised.

I had a 1987 Grand Am and put 300,000 miles on it, hope I do as good with this one!

Review Date: 25th March, 2006