2013 Proton Saga SV FLX 1.3 petrol from Malaysia
For a simple driver from point A to B
At less than 1000km, the car was unable to start. Sent it back to Proton, and the car's ECU (Electronic Controller Unit) was re-flashed (updated / reprogrammed). The reason is because it has a different fuel system than earlier Sagas. No bypass line for fuel overflow. Its sensor detected an overflow. As a result, the car would not start.
After it was sent back to Proton, the car has worked well until now. No charges due to warranty coverage.
I needed a town car. A simple car to take me from point A to B. This car suits me.
SV (Super Value) version equipment:
- 2 airbags and updated chassis give better protection than the earlier Saga.
- All power window doors.
- A single CD radio with 2 rear speakers give decent sound. I prefer 4 speakers with at least an interactive player.
- Driver's & passenger's space is excellent. Rear trunk space can hold lots of things. However, I prefer foldable rear seats for more rear space.
- CVT2 transmission equipped with AT mode switch. The engine has decent power for daily driving.
- No ABS. Yet the stopping power is good and the handling is great.
- 13 inch rims look decent. I prefer 14 inch rims with good tires.
- Daily driving fuel consumption? If you have the extra cash, buy an all new Corolla Altis 1.8, since the fact sheet shows almost equal fuel consumption figures.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 19th May, 2014