2009 Renault Clio Rip Curl ? petrol from UK and Ireland

Summary:

OK

I hired this car in Portugal. I had no trouble with it and it drove nicely, if a little underpowered.

On picking the car up, I was surprised to be asked to only put 3/4 of a tank of fuel in when I returned it, the amount which was on the gauge when I set off from the airport.

I only used approximately 1/2 a tank in the week, so wasn't expecting too big a bill when refilling at the airport filling station. On starting to refuel, I noticed that the fuel gauge was not moving from 1/4 full, but not wishing to have an argument, I carried on - eventually putting probably 12 litres, at least, too much fuel in. On setting off the bumps shook the sender unit - and the gauge jumped to full! This could be a nice little earner for the hire company!!!

General Comments:

Nice little car - rear seats and belts can be awkward and uncomfortable for older passengers.

Head lamp main beam switch poor - whenever you dip, it's difficult to avoid going too far and activating the main beam flasher.

Cigar lighter doesn't work without ignition.

It's handy nowadays to be able to charge your phone etc without having your ignition on.

Review Date: 16th October, 2009