2009 Seat Leon Emocion 1.9 turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Car's good, dealership's rubbish

Retro fitted cruise control was poor to start with - fixed by an engineer who came to out to the car.

Now the cruise control stalk has worked loose.

General Comments:

Generally a very good car, goes and handles well. Looks great.

Visibility is fine despite the thick, front windscreen pillars.

Level of standard equipment is good.

Scrappage deal was fantastic - but that's finished now.

The only real negative with the car is the seats are uncomfortable - there's a hard ridge that runs front to back in the centre - Seat dealer says this is normal!!

The one thing that has ruined the whole Seat buying experience is the attitude and service provided by the dealership - very poor. Once they had the signature on the order form, they have been very disappointing - interesting to see a similar comment from another person.

Review Date: 14th June, 2010

2009 Seat Leon TDI turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Fantastic car

Contacted Seat UK recently, but never got any reply to my e-mail.

Contacted the dealer - was told their lines were busy, they would call me back. I telephoned three times, but never got a single call back.

Seat have a good product; it's a pity their service couldn't be better. We had a 307, and our previous dealer knocked spots of these people, nothing was too much trouble.

Seat are keen to take your order, but once the car is delivered, well what else can I say.

General Comments:

Good product, poor back up.

Review Date: 17th May, 2010

2009 Seat Leon 1P facelift 1.4 TSi from Romania

Summary:

A sports car with 4 doors

Nothing so far.

General Comments:

This is a sports car (125hp). The engine is superb. The suspension is firm. I won't recommend the sport suspension if you don't have good roads!

The seats are very comfortable, and there's a lot of room in the back.

This is the facelift model, so the dashboard is totally different from the old one.

The boot is large.

The price was low for a car with so much equipment, especially EBD, TCU, EBA, DSR, ABS, tyre pressure monitoring, automatic air conditioning, leather steering wheel etc. The stereo sounds very good.

It's very fun to drive. I've got my smile on my face when I drive it. Next car will also be a Leon for sure!

Review Date: 5th February, 2010

19th Jun 2010, 04:51

Me again, after 6000km. What went wrong with the car: the heating system failed, but fixed it immediately on warranty, it took 1 hour. The car is great, the dealer too. Now I am waiting for some accessories; t-shirts, cleaning products, and soon a sport body kit. :D.

28th Dec 2010, 07:21

After 11.000km, nothing went wrong with the car. I had the 1st technical revision, 200 euro it cost. The car is amazing! I love Seat.

29th Oct 2012, 07:48

After 30.000km the car is in good shape. Everything works.

2009 Seat Leon FR 2.0 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Exciting

General Comments:

Bought the FR Leon in white from Seat in Liverpool, and after I put my deposit down was unsure whether I made the right choice, but still went through with the sale.

WOW, it is gorgeous, and is really quick off the mark.

I have never seen so many people paying attention to a car when this is on the road, especially in WHITE. Seriously, Seat was not a very popular car, but I am seeing more and more on the road now it has come to Liverpool.

We're talking all the reliability that Audi, VW and Skoda offer for a fraction of the price. The dealer was great too, and can't praise them enough for their help, plus I got a fantastic deal too.

Review Date: 19th March, 2009

31st Mar 2009, 19:52

We got a yellow one with the DSG auto box in December, and White was our second colour choice! (Saw a white Cupra in town the other day and it looked the business).

Cracking car, goes like s*** off a shovel, and I agree with you, it gets loads of looks!

Word of warning with rear tyres though, my wife does very high mileage, so although it's only just over 3 months old, she's already done 15,000 miles, the rears wear more on the inside after a few miles and a "thrummimg" noise can be heard at low speeds (30 or under). The dealer said this was normal due to the suspension set up, and that Continental tyres are better as they're harder wearing.

6th Apr 2009, 13:42

Cheers, will consider that.

Needs to go in anyway, the tyre pressure warning light keeps coming on and the rear offside tyre's losing pressure at the rate of 7 psi every 3-4 days, possibly a slow puncture, but I did wonder if it's related to the tyre wear.

10th Aug 2009, 09:28

I can concur with the rear tyre issues. I've had a 1.6 TSI, a 2.0 TFSI and now run a Cupra and they all chew (ed) rear tyres. I live in Holland and the story is the same here (and in Germany), the rear suspension geometry is set up in such a way that this is unavoidable. The noise gets worse with the miles/km's and occurs sooner if you have a harder set-up such as mine (8cm lower and 20" wheels). Mine chews rears every 8000 - 15000km. Only remedy is to soften up the rear suspension (not why we bought the car) and/or switch to harder wearing tyres (less grip). All in all, I live with it as the car is good fun. (A3's have the same issue, as to the Golf GTI's)