2000 Subaru Liberty RX 2.5L from Australia and New Zealand
Pleasure to drive and look at. Great, reliable performance and all features a modern car needs
- Passenger door lock broken, still locks when centrally locked, but once the car is unlocked it can't be individually locked.
- Gear stick moves slightly when engaging/disengaging clutch/accelerator.
- I find the front tyres wear a lot faster than the rear. I am having to rotate them quickly after replacement.
- This is the finest car I have owned. Performs great for a four cylinder, nice big 2.5L capacity. The sound of the boxer engine is great, a nice hearty grunt.
- The interior is very impressive, the seats are comfortable and sturdy. The woodgrain on the dash is very nice, and the climate control/stereo/HUD is really easy to use. The dedicated 'outside-temp' button is pretty handy too. The cruise control is a life-saver on highways and for speed cameras; it doesn't overspeed or slow down.
- The AWD is amazing, you can plant the throttle in 2nd gear and full lock the wheel 90 degrees and it doesn't skid at all. Fantastic in the wet, makes you feel very safe (and you can go faster than everyone else).
- Having cut the springs on the car and put some 18" rims on it, the car's image has really improved - it turns heads. A very tidy, solid car.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 2nd July, 2007