2010 Subaru Outback Li from North America

One of the best cars ever manufactured!

The only problem experienced in the time we have owned this car was a service tech at the dealership failed to tighten the radiator cap after putting in new antifreeze! That caused a mess, but the dealership cleaned it up nicely. So they changed the oil and filter too as a precaution, but the same poor fool punctured the oil filter when he did! Needless to say we go to an entirely different dealership! But the car is absolutely the best car I have ever driven!

General Comments:

Great handling and very comfortable too... believe me, if you can find one of these in good shape, buy it!

Review Date: 9th September, 2015

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i from Australia and New Zealand

Very well engineered, delightful engine, economical and safe handling

Soft interior door sills get dented easily from elbows. Had one replacement, and now needs another.

General Comments:

Great economy.

Smooth CVT gearbox if towing is not a priority.

Great handling with sufficient comfort.

Seats could be sturdier and more comfortable.

Tiptronic gear paddles should not rotate with the steering wheel, making for awkward changes in corners.

Review Date: 4th February, 2013

5th Feb 2013, 05:57

I have the same car here in the UK, a 2011 model. I agree the car is very well engineered.

With regard to the paddles on the steering wheel, everyone says oh you must love that - I always say I didn't spend all this money on an automatic to change the gears myself, so consequently I never use them. But I guess that's my choice.

Fantastic car.

2010 Subaru Outback PZEV 2.5i from North America

Nice car with an unreliable transmission

Transmission has failed twice.

General Comments:

This is a well laid out car.

It gets decent fuel economy, while offering all wheel drive and plenty of room.

It feels like a quality car, until you hit a bump in the road and the dashboard shakes too much for my liking.

The biggest problem is the manual transmission. Reverse has gone out twice now, which is ridiculous for a car with under 17,000 miles. The dealer has been great about providing a loaner, but what a pain. I don't think I will want to own this when the warranty runs out!

Review Date: 10th April, 2012

12th Apr 2012, 07:18

I own one, have 40,000 miles on it now, and have had no problems at all!

INCLUDING my dash moving.

Also have a 2010 Legacy with the auto, and also have had no problems with the car with 25,000 miles on it.