2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Very well engineered, delightful engine, economical and safe handling

Soft interior door sills get dented easily from elbows. Had one replacement, and now needs another.

General Comments:

Great economy.

Smooth CVT gearbox if towing is not a priority.

Great handling with sufficient comfort.

Seats could be sturdier and more comfortable.

Tiptronic gear paddles should not rotate with the steering wheel, making for awkward changes in corners.

Review Date: 4th February, 2013

5th Feb 2013, 05:57

I have the same car here in the UK, a 2011 model. I agree the car is very well engineered.

With regard to the paddles on the steering wheel, everyone says oh you must love that - I always say I didn't spend all this money on an automatic to change the gears myself, so consequently I never use them. But I guess that's my choice.

Fantastic car.

2010 Subaru Outback PZEV 2.5i from North America

Summary:

Nice car with an unreliable transmission

Transmission has failed twice.

General Comments:

This is a well laid out car.

It gets decent fuel economy, while offering all wheel drive and plenty of room.

It feels like a quality car, until you hit a bump in the road and the dashboard shakes too much for my liking.

The biggest problem is the manual transmission. Reverse has gone out twice now, which is ridiculous for a car with under 17,000 miles. The dealer has been great about providing a loaner, but what a pain. I don't think I will want to own this when the warranty runs out!

Review Date: 10th April, 2012

12th Apr 2012, 07:18

I own one, have 40,000 miles on it now, and have had no problems at all!

INCLUDING my dash moving.

Also have a 2010 Legacy with the auto, and also have had no problems with the car with 25,000 miles on it.