2002 Subaru Wagon Review

Model year2002
Year of manufacture2002
Engine and transmission 2.5L Automatic
Previous carHonda Civic

Summary:

Subaru cars are JUNK do not buy one!

Front wheel brakes & rotors (OEM) needed to be replaced twice before 40K miles. Car is still very difficult to stop on bumpy roads even at low speed. This seems to be a common problem observed by many Subaru owners, but Subaru Corporate will not acknowledge an ABS design defect in this area. A/C will not cool interiour on hot days below 30 mph or at idle and compressor cycles off more than on from day one. Coolant fumes in passenger compartment at idle on hot days dealer can't fix. Cloth seats already wearing thru as are rugs also.

General Comments:

This was my first Subaru, it will be my last! If you're thinking of buying a Subaru, DON'T DO IT! Buy a Honda or a Ford instead as Subaru cars are PURE JUNK and their Dealer Service is utterly incompetent in all areas.

Review Date: 5th September, 2007

6th Sep 2007, 13:52

I have a '98 Impreza that has been nothing but reliable and I just made 152,000 miles on her. The only problem I've had was at 150,000 miles the seals were leaking and while they were fixing that I had the mechanic change the water pump and belts. The rest has been regular repairs (oil changes at 3,500 miles) new tires/brakes. I think you just got a lemon. Not all cars going off the assembly line are the same. I would give Subaru another chance.

Average review marks: 3.0 / 10, based on 1 review