2002 Suzuki Jimny 1.3 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Best car yet, just bit scary; seems like it can catch you unaware with deadly results

Nil.

General Comments:

Does not handle like any other car I've had, but I love it. It's been all over Europe.

OK, it's no speed machine, so I keep my speed down. I've heard that you should never fit cheap tyres on a Jimny and take it easy in corners. I never go over 70mph. Don't drive it like a sports car because it isn't.

Generally, can someone tell me what tyres you had on when they spin/crashed?

Review Date: 5th October, 2008

2002 Suzuki Jimny JLX 1.3 petrol from Philippines

Summary:

Very well made for a 10 year old vehicle

The compressor of the air conditioner got busted at 30,000km. The dealer was charging too high at about $1,100 for the compressor and another $300 for labor and the dryer. I had to look for replacement elsewhere. Fortunately, the compressor of a Suzuki Esteem has the same parts with it, but the housing is different. So what the parts dealer did was to take out the parts from the brand new compressor of the Esteem and stuff it in the housing of the Jimny's compressor. It's now working and I just spent $500 for everything!

General Comments:

The Jimny is a real value for money, fun to drive car. Don't take to the expressway as it doesn't handle well on highways, but for cityscapes it's a car you'll love. Seating for 4 is not comfortable unless the 2 in the back are toddlers.

Review Date: 22nd January, 2008