1992 Suzuki Samurai Reviews

1992 Suzuki Samurai SJ 1.0 from UK and Ireland

Year of manufacture1992

Summary:

Fantastic Car - I will miss it!

Hardly anything.

A fan belt after a cross country trip from London to Portugal (Faro in the Algarve), and 6 months of use in mainly dusty and dry Portuguese landscapes.

The digital clock was starting to disappear.

Seriosly... that's it!

General Comments:

Such an amazing piece of kit considering the age and size.

It has a nice bit of kick when you need it to, and when it's on dusty tracks or off road it is an absolute pleasure to drive.

The handling is amazing on one of these, although when there are strong winds and you are at high speeds you can feel it wobble, due to its tall and thin design.

The size inside is quite roomy except for the back seats, however for a small utility vehicle I doubt you want to fit 4 adults in it.

My version was the soft top, which was a very nice feature although driving at higher speeds was quite noisy. However I never got bored or annoyed on long journeys... I made two 6 hour drives and two 12 hour drives in this car.

Fuel economy is outstanding. My tank was 40 liters, and I think I could make it go at least 250 miles, and then some.

After an accident with some drunken Portuguese truck driver, my poor Suzuki had a mangled front and side... so it has been written off the road. I will miss it!

Review Date: 3rd February, 2005

1992 Suzuki Samurai JX 1.3L from North America

Year of manufacture1992
First year of ownership1994
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 1.3L Manual
Previous carSuzuki Samurai

Summary:

The best little mud bug in the world

Diaphragm in the carburetor cracked, and the computer box went out.

General Comments:

This is the toughest little sports utility vehicle I have ever owned. I pull a 16 foot double axle trailer, hauling my Ford 4000 tractor and bus-hog. It will pull it down the road at 55 or 60 miles per hour and I have a braking system on the trailer to help stop it when the brakes are applied.

Many people are surprised to see the places that it has taken me with little or no problems. I hope I can always have a Samurai to drive as long as I am able to drive. I would compare it with the old Volkswagen Beetle for going to places that are impossible to get to.

Review Date: 20th June, 2001