2006 Vauxhall Corsa Reviews

2006 Vauxhall Corsa SXi+ 5d (AC) 1.8i 16v from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 1.8i 16v Manual
Distance when acquired22000 miles
Previous carFord Fiesta

Summary:

An excellent car that looks good, drives well, and is extremely affordable!

1 issue to date: Rear left brake pad worn, right about to be replaced.

General Comments:

Looks are good and preferred to the new model.

Performance is excellent considering it's insurance group 8; find me a car that does 0-60 in 8.0s in that category!

Surprisingly comfortable on long journeys.

Review Date: 1st August, 2010

2006 Vauxhall Corsa SXI+ 1.8 from UK and Ireland

Previous carFord Fiesta

Summary:

Good car with some minor faults

Had to have the drive shaft recently replaced at 25k and 2 bearings. Luckily it was resolved under warranty and with a very quick service.

Has severe creaking from the rear, and I have had technicians looking at it on many occasions, and I can't resolve the whereabouts of the creaking.

Also had front 2 seats replaced as the leather had worn out on the metal framework. This took about a week to order and a day to fit.

General Comments:

A great little well built car, and easy to use.

A little under powered and has expensive replacement parts.

Can't fault Vauxhall's customer service.

Review Date: 3rd November, 2008

2006 Vauxhall Corsa SXI+ 1.2 Twin Port from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 1.2 Twin Port Manual
Previous carRover - Austin 400

Summary:

Although economical, I wouldn't buy a Vauxhall Corsa again

Creaking noise from suspension.

Leaking Shocks.

Bushes changes 5-6 times.

Creaking from steering.

General Comments:

My car has been in and out of the garage since I bought my car in 2006 to resolve the load creaking noise from the suspension, which I hear over my music.

When I took my car in for the above repairs they found out that my shocks were leaking.

To resolve the issue of the creaking they had to change my bushes about 5 or 6 times.

When ever I park my car I get a loud creak/grinding from my steering.

Apart from that is quite a nice car to drive.

Review Date: 25th February, 2007

2nd Mar 2007, 13:47

My Corsa is exactly the same, loud creaking noises from the suspension (I had this with my last Corsa) and grinding noises from the brakes - needless to say Vauxhall say there is nothing wrong. I bought this car in September 2006 and wouldn't buy another Corsa.

6th Mar 2010, 06:46

I bought a 2006 used Corsa CDTi+ from a Vauxhall dealer - all was OK for a year, then a screeching noise started and just got louder everyday - I took it for a service, they replaced my brakes and fan belt - after a week the screeching stopped and did so for 3 months - it has just returned, so I called Vauxhall to see if they know what the problem might be. They said they had NO recorded complaints like mine, and said to take it to a Vauxhall dealer for a look at. My boys are embarrassed to be seen getting it/out of it!!!

Any ideas anyone?

6th Mar 2010, 11:38

Screeching is probably the brakes, I would put some copper slip on the shims, and take the pins out and some grease or copper slip on them as well, make sure everything is free, and that the pads can move back and forth.

19th Sep 2010, 10:32

I have owned a 2006 Corsa SXi for over 3 years. I thought it was OK apart from the gearbox being sticky, then the stereo packed in and I started hearing the brakes screeching, a loud knocking when turning, not to mention the abrasive sound coming from steering.

As previously quoted, fuel economy is not what stated, mine is really thirsty and am I always refueling it; it's 1.2, not a 2 litre. Would not recommend buying one to be honest.

2006 Vauxhall Corsa Active 1.3 CDTI from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 1.3 CDTI Manual
Previous carPeugeot 306

Summary:

Looks nice, but there are a lot of undiscovered faults

My gearbox crunches an awful lot in reverse and is very notchy through the gears.

When turning the vehicle around on full Lock it makes a grinding noise and clonks a lot.

There are blisters in the paintwork.

The driver's seat is broken.

Central locking makes a funny noise when locking.

Fuel economy 39 Miles to the gallon constantly.

General Comments:

The gearbox has been an ongoing concern of mine since I bought this car brand new in April, however the garage is saying that it is fine and they have had a field engineer down to assess the car, later to find that they have written the problems down on an appraisal form for me.

The steering sometimes clonks very loud when turning and makes a grinding noise from time to time.

The paintwork has got blisters in it, and I have been told if they can't be seen from a metre away it is acceptable. (What about when I come to trade it in).

The driver's seat moves a lot and doesn't feel very stable.

Central locking makes all sorts of funny noises.

Finally this car is doing 39mpg Constantly, however in the book I got with the car, it clearly states: Urban 50.4mpg, Extra Urban 76.3mpg and combined 64.2mpg. Vauxhall took my car out on a road test with it connected to the computer and that's how I know it is doing 39mpg. Also I only get 380 miles to a tank.

Vauxhall have had this car several times know and the problems are all still there.

I Have had enough of this car and am looking to get rid of it already.

I will never by a Vauxhall again.

Review Date: 12th August, 2006

29th Aug 2006, 18:55

Perhaps its not a problem with the car.

Fuel Economy on my Corsa is excellent, around 48/49 mpg.

Have bought numerous Vauxhall's now, never had a problem with service provided or any of the vehicles.

Cars won't take care of themselves.

30th Aug 2006, 15:27

Fuel economy on mine wasn't good either to start with. Had two corsa's previously a 1.2 petrol and currently now have 1.3 cdti. Both engines seemed to have taken a while to run in. Both improved on economy after about 18,000 miles. Now getting 450 miles to a tank.