2011 Vauxhall Insignia CDTi SRi Nav 2.0 turbo diesel (160 BHP) from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Power, prestige, image... did I forget to mention power?

Nothing whatsoever in 3 years and 22k+ miles.

General Comments:

I got this Insignia 2.0 CDTi SRi Nav version (160bhp) brand new as a zero miler in 2011, in the Technical Grey colour which I ordered.

First thing to mention is looks; this car just looks amazing, like a real business executive car, it really turns some heads and I feel good whilst driving it. Even parked next to the new BMW's, the Insignia holds its own easy enough.

Next thing to mention is comfort and controls; the seats have this bit that extends at the front behind your knees, and it has fully electronic control for totally comfortable ergonomics. I have driven 305 miles to Newquay in this and got out fresh as a daisy, no aches, nothing.

The Nav version has a large display in the dash, which is fully adjustable at the steering wheel, as is the cruise control.

Fuel wise I get around 35 MPG round town and just over 50 MPG with the cruise control on the motorway at 70mph.

The car is very spacious with a generous boot, enough for 3 bodies ;)

Finally the power ... Considering I have had Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbos, Porsche 944's, Evo's etc etc, this 160 BHP 305 N/M torque CDTi does not disappoint. Turn the traction control off and it can be a wild ride, easily spinning the wheels in the first 2 gears without the need to dab the clutch. This thing will torque steer if you give it enough.

I have never in the last 3 years of ownership found myself in a position where I wanted more power, and trust me I do like my power. Most of the time though it's nice to just sit back and enjoy the ride.

MPG, comfort, space, image, POWER, it's got it all... and then some.

This car is about to go back; what am I having next? Yep you guessed it, another :)

Highly recommended 10/10, no doubt the best car I have ever driven.

Review Date: 4th May, 2014