1961 Vauxhall Victor Super 5.8 liter from North America

Summary:

It's super scary fun

I'm not sure what would have gone wrong on this car because of how much I have modified it.

I have replaced the motor with a ford 351 Windsor. The rear axle is also a larger ford 7.5 axle.

The body was in decent shape when purchased, but it too has been changed. It was originally a four door, now two. The hood has a large cowl induction hood scoop for clearance of the new motor. The wheel wells were lengthened to fit the larger tires required for such power.

General Comments:

My goal when building this car was to have the fastest car in my town, I have not quite achieved this goal, but I am well on my way.

I would like to customize what is left of my interior, it doesn't seem too friendly and girls are some what wary about entering.

Review Date: 7th October, 2002

14th Jun 2004, 15:38

How many miles/kilometres has this car actually done?

1968 Vauxhall Victor 2000 2.0 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Remember the original Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased)!

Nothing.

General Comments:

Handles nice, rides nice, drives nice, is nice.

Overdrive box is well worth having, cruises nice at illegal motorway speeds and still gives 30 mpg.

Styling is love-or-hate. I loved it.

Wish I hadn't sold it now.

Review Date: 31st January, 2001

1967 Vauxhall Victor 101 Super Estate 1.6 from UK and Ireland

Clutch worn, nothing else (touch wood).

General Comments:

Great classic car, keeps up with modern traffic & the number of poeple who talk.

Review Date: 31st January, 1999

1961 Vauxhall Victor Super 1.5 litre from UK and Ireland

1. I borrowed a hose clamp from it for my other car, forgot to replace it. Hose popped off and wetted the ignition.

2. Clutch master required new seals.

NOTHING ELSE - EVER.

General Comments:

Lots of fun being passed by every other car on the road, (including little old ladies). The car is low miles from new.

Review Date: 25th January, 1998

18th Apr 2004, 20:32

Hey, remember when Pontiac imported the Vauxhall Victor? My parents bought a 1959 model for $2100. I was 16 years old and loved that car! Sure... it had the slam-it-again front doors, and top speed wasn't in keeping up with the American muscle cars, but it got me around. Look at all the gas you could save. No fuel emission controls either. We could even sneak 3 teenagers into the drive-in movies: Two in the trunk and one under the right dashboard curled up tight with a jacket covering them. Seatbelts?...what seat belts?