1997 Volkswagen Golf Joker Variant 1.8 from Denmark
No fuzz, just a car
Starter engine collapse.
Doors and locks freeze in winter.
Rust in doors and front fenders.
Radiator leaking badly.
Heating system corroded/replaced.
- Variant/estate is very roomy. Larger load space than most in its class (ex. Audi A4). Just throw in whatever you want, like construction materials, furniture, family, a tuba... at the same time.
- Bad on fuel these days. 10 Km = 1L.
- Uses and leaks oil.
- Starts every day without hesitation, even in the danish rain/frost/snow winter.
- Not affected by a trailer.
- Forget about being Nikki Lauda; the engine's too slow and the suspension is too comfy.
- Bucket seats are not my favourite. The '95 model had better seats.
- Simple tech - fix it with a hammer.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 29th February, 2012