Beautiful, but with dark problems
- EGR valve.
- No 2 cylinder (needed reconditioning).
- Fuel vent valve.
- Rear windscreen wiper.
- Rear reverse light switch.
- Clutch assembly.
- Front bushes.
- Hard wearing on front tyres.
- Interior gets grubby after about 80k km of use, plastics peel, compartments jam.
- Other reliability issues such as cutting out at speed occasionally, but not total electrical cut off (so maybe not as bad).
... A lot of things, it does seem to be the luck of the draw though... Volkswagen isn't overly interested in your concerns either after the warranty expires.
Really nice car aesthetically, but really has a lot of mechanical issues. 3 cycle engine was the worst decision ever made. Real cost has been about 3k in repairs over eight years, on top of servicing, and heavy brake and front tyre wear, which is excessive.
It's a nice car, but aim for 4 cylinders under 90k km with no faults and looking pristine inside and out, because if driven often, it will wear (I have a friend who has the same model, with 95k km over the same period with less issues).
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 7th February, 2013