2004 Skoda Octavia L&K 1.9 TDi
BIG NO - please do not waste your hard earned money
1) After 2000 km of running, the clutch became heavy. It's so heavy that it's hard to drive in city conditions for more than half an hour. Strangely Skoda cannot do any thing (as the dealer said). They told me that I should learn to live with this.
2) Horn is way too hard to press. It needs to used frequently on Indian roads.
3) Steering is much harder than other cars.
4) Leather seats and granite solid steering in the L&K is also a let down.
5) Engine gets killed suddenly at low RPM, and can invite an ACCIDENT if the car behind comes, since you have to turn the ignition way back to zero & crank it again.
A BIG NO to folks wanting to buy this car. It is a tank like car in terms of safety & has very good mileage, but what's the use if you find it hard to drive.
After all, cars cheap or expensive, have to first get driven.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 1st April, 2006
1st Apr 2006, 13:15
Most of your gripes look to be fundamental traits of the car rather than faults.
I can't comment on the engine killing bit as I have no idea what you mean by this.
3rd Apr 2006, 01:07
They're still much better cars than Tata!
10th Aug 2006, 11:05
I have been using a Skoda Octavia L&K since January 2006, but I don't have any problems yet.
Recently I changed the audio system. After that I coudn't get steering wheel remote system working. Please tell me what I have to do to get the previous functions working (Steering Wheel Remote System).