1972 Buick Electra 225 Limited 455 CID V8 w/ 4 BBL carb
This is a great classic car to own
A few things have gone wrong. I got the car in Feb of 2016, and it was poorly maintained in the last part of its life. Because of that, generally things that have gone wrong include:
1) Windshield washer fluid motor was toast. That was actually the only thing that needed replacing to get it safetied; cost a whopping $42 CDN ($35 US) and took 1.5 hours for me to slowly replace.
2) Leak in the brake lines, bad brake pads and rotors. Did a full brake job.
3) New rear shocks (more of a car improvement).
4) New tires (was riding on 18 year old whitewalls).
5) CV flange yoke cracked almost in half (probably due to 45 years of torque applied).
6) Rebuilt the rear driveshaft (out of balance).
7) New brake master cylinder because it was leaking internally.
That's it so far, from Feb 2016-Dec 2017, but it gets stored in the winter from early Nov to early April.
I love the car, despite its terrible reliability. It's a 4 door, a real head turner, and sounds great with the big block 455 V8. It's my first classic car, and I got off to a great start. Its styling is mind blowing. A very gorgeous car that is easy on the eyes.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 3rd December, 2017
4th Dec 2017, 04:39
That's a cool year!
18th Dec 2017, 20:02
Cool big boat, probably rides like a cloud.
19th Dec 2017, 13:32
Rides like a cloud.
Handles like a baby buggy. With an elephant in it.
19th Dec 2017, 21:28
I think an elephant on a baby buggy would tip over on making a sharp turn. Highly unlikely it would happen to a full-size car from this era.