This year of the Lacrosse has too many downfalls
- Power steering leak at fitting onto the pump.
- Driver's side window switch defective.
- Sunroof seal leak.
- Massive oil blow-by leaking through PCV-Less system into air intake and causing the MAF to get dirty.
- Aluminum rims causing air to leak out.
- Warped brake rotors.
- Transmission is starting to "buck" when it is warmed up.
The DOHC V6 3.6L engine is flawed in this year and certain years. It has massive blow-by of oil. This is not uncommon. Apparently there are problems with the steering also on this model, which I have not experienced. Personally, I think the way the car steers is a road hazard. The Lacrosse of this year is really uncomfortable to steer in general.
Overall, the car has not left us stranded. Although it does have its problems.
The gas mileage is absolutely terrible. 17 MPG average. Sometimes about 20 MPG. This is with a full tune-up and a cleaned MAF.
I would not recommend this car or any GM car with the 3.6L DOHC engine.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 8th October, 2013