- The spare tire did not fit my front rim, even though it was a 15" rim, so I got a spare that matched the rest from an auto swap yard.
- The tranny uses ATF+4. Please don't go to an oil change place to replace this or it will mess up the tranny. Also, with the front skid plate to protect the engine, I found oil change places won't take it off to check the front differential fluid, so it runs low; get your hands dirty and check it.
- The front tires wear out faster than the rear, so change them around every 6 months. By the way, set the tire pressures at 42 each. It works better for turns, tire wear and gas mileage is up to 20. Very nice.
- I am at 145k and only now have to replace shocks. Also the serpentine pulleys are starting to squeak so I will be replacing them soon.
- I replaced the serpentine at 120k.
- Belt tensioner wore out around 110k.
- I've had no problem with anything underneath, but I do change fluids religiously.
- I've used this car to move 3500 miles, day to day work, and our family only has this Durango. We love our Durango, and it's cheap cheap cheap to maintain. Totally comfortable and pulls my friends cars when they break down like they weigh nothing.