2001 Qvale Mangusta 4.6L V8
An attractive vehicle that deserves recognition
- Nothing much, except the usual sports car maintenance issues.
- What is it, you ask?
- It's a rare and exotic sports car that somehow made its way to U.S. roads.
- Is it fast?
- You bet! Its 4.6l V-8 packs 320 horsepower and does zero to sixty in 5.5 seconds.
- How can I get one?
- That's a good question. I'm not sure I have the answer to that question myself. It was nearly impossible for me to find mine, and when I finally did the seller was hundreds of miles away from where I lived.
- Are there better choices?
- Sure, you can get more reliability and performance elsewhere, but if you have always wanted to drive something unique and idividualistic, this car is for you. It may have a hefty price tag, but in my opinion the car was worth the cost. Also, buying a car like this is a relief after driving a sensible family box car like a Mitsubishi Galant!
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 9th October, 2002
1st Jan 2003, 08:19
Qvale is now owned by MG and elements of its design etc will no doubt be incorporated into future vehicles. MG has been rescued from corporate mediocrity (BMW style) not so long ago. MG is starting to produce some seriously powerful and attractive cars. Check out their site for a new offering that can be delivered tuned to nearly 1000 bhp!
20th Jan 2003, 19:32
-Thanks, I will be sure to check it out.
11th May 2003, 18:30
Unfortunately, there was an article in the May 2003 issue of CAR magazine (from England) that didn't shed very positive light on the future of MG. All their plans for great cars (including the Qvale) may be scrapped as the company struggles to stay alive. Therefore, anyone considering purchase of a Qvale (at least in America) should be aware that they may have a very rare car indeed, and that includes finding replacement parts.
13th May 2003, 14:47
That's not good for me at all! I wrote this review, and my Mangusta's resale value will be greatly affected. Chances are, I won't sell it anytime soon though!
9th May 2005, 16:30
If you need to know how to get a Qvale... i can help you, my great uncle is the one who created them... email me to purchase one I'm only 16 and have a few!
3rd Jul 2006, 16:45
I wouldn't worry about the resale value - if anything it will go up if Qvale closes its doors. After all, the engine is a Ford V8 - I'd think a lot of other parts are Ford as well.
21st Dec 2012, 13:47
If you have any information on the Qvale vehicles, please get back to me. I am very much a car person, and am interested in this vehicle.
Such as, are they serviceable with light driving, and can they be imported into Canada?