Very useful vehicle / equipment
1. I bought this vehicle "used", so I expected that I should replace worn things.
2. I replaced valve cover gasket, it was leaking.
3. I replaced the LAMBDA sensor because the check engine light was on.
4. I brought the vehicle to the Suzuki dealer to replace the kingpin bearings, front axle gaskets, brake pads, shock absorbers, all of the tie rod ends, worn suspension stabilizers, wheel alignment, replacement of axle oils, transfer oil, gear oil, engine oil (synthetic because the Jimny is high revving), etc, because the front axle oil was leaking, and there was a lot of steering wheel shudder; spent 30,000 Philippine pesos on these. After these things, I already have even tire wear, no more shudder at low or high speeds, no more leak at the front axle.
5. I replaced the tires at the rear with Bridgestone R623 light truck tires with stock size of 205 70 R15, and at the front with Kumho 857 light truck tires with stock size of 205 70 R15 (light truck load rate C tires, because the Jimny is small with narrow width and short wheelbase, you wouldn't want tires exploding on you).
I fell in love with Suzuki Jimny. I am an outdoor type. My world doesn't end on the paved road. I tested my stock Jimny, never modified it, brought it to Daraitan, mount Batulao foot, Agoncillo, etc, and most recently to mount Sierra Madre Aurora National Park, then to Ditumabo crossing rivers, mountains, etc. I have put 20,000 kms on it on highways running at 100 to 110 kph, mountains, rivers, trails, beaches, etc, and most of the time fully loaded with 4 adults, jerry cans, tools, etc, before writing this review.
Yes, the Jimny is small. But to those who have gone to the mountains, crossed rivers, etc, where there is almost no road / no road at all, they will understand the usefulness of its size. The usefulness of how close the 4 tires are to one another (narrow wheelbase, narrow width, good angle of approach and departure).
I also love its revving gasoline/petrol engine. When times and places are tough, the 4 low range is very useful. Yes, it is a 1.3 liter gasoline, but with 4 low range, I have reached 6000 rpm, to prevent myself from falling. This is really a simple but very useful piece equipment for me, just like my GPS, hydration bag, ropes, floating devices, medical kit, etc, that keep me on track, alive, and able to go home safe after an adventure :)
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 7th February, 2011