2001 Volkswagen Polo 1.4 16v
Things that have broken since I bought it:
- Front windscreen allows water in when raining.
- Lights on heater/vent switches gone, temperature adjustment at night is done in the blind.
- ABS sensor gone.
- Front suspension needed to be replaced.
- Clutch required replacing.
- Gearbox makes rattling noise, something loose inside. Usual shoddy VW gearboxes. Won't be long before it goes.
- Transaxle and gearbox came apart while in another country. Car wouldn't move. Spent a day trying to speak Danish. Had to leave the car in Denmark. Still figuring out what to do.
- Catalytic converter rusted to pieces.
- Car still veers to left, even after wheel re-alignment.
- Front brakes wore out very quickly, even though I hardly use them.
Good looking car, pleasure to drive, but a complete pain to own.
Would put me off ever buying anything from VAG again.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 6th October, 2010