1996 Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.5 DOHC
It is reliable, but has defects and costly to maintain
1. Serious problem with the radiator overflow bottle spilling over. The dealer cannot solve the problem after taking the car back on three occasions. Automobile Services Limited, San Fernando, Trinidad.
2. The Dealer offers very poor service for this vehicle and do not sell Daewoo vehicles anymore.
3. The parts and labour on this vehicle are very high and parts are very hard to get.
4. The braking system, the electronics and the front suspension system give a lot of trouble now.
5. The air conditioning system while in use consumes a lot of petrol.
6. The transmission makes a very loud noise and in some cases slips.
7. The vehicle cannot be cambered
8. The water pump goes very quickly and it is very hard to get.
9. The vehicle losses power very often and the firm cannot solve the problem.
10. The vehicle is very hard to work on and very few people have the skills to do so even at the firm.
I have owned this vehicle brand new, it is reliable and comfortable, but the above problems are costing me dearly. To part with it now would mean losing a lot of money as it has a poor resale value over here. I am looking for any suggestions or ideas that anyone may have. Thanks.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 5th August, 2002
Get rid of it. Sounds like you've got problems with the cylinder head, and death is probably imminent at that mileage.
I own a Daewoo Cielo since 1999, I have no problem at all except the water pump. It is a reliable car, economic and very resistant (I drive it on bad country roads). Many people in my region want to buy it from me at almost its original price since the dealer doesn't sell them anymore. Good Luck with yours!
I own a cielo 1998 august model, it is in very good condition, but for mileage. Could someone give suggestion on how to tune the vehicle for mileage.
Brother, check the same at Mayapuri Delhi, all and every part is available here.