2004 Acura TSX Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2004 Acura TSX from North America

Year of manufacture2004

Summary:

I would not buy another Acura

I noticed a slight wheel shimmy at about 5000 miles and had the brakes looked at the next service. Told brakes OK.

At 33,000, vibration and wheel shimmy became more noticeable. Needed front brakes and rotors resurfaced.

At 45,000 miles, same problem. Seems like brakes/rotors should last longer than this.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm told that the newer cars do have the rotor issues. Seems like we should be told a little more information. I'll ask from now on.

Jondee.

General Comments:

I like the car.

Gets great mileage.

Brakes are the downfall

Review Date: 30th March, 2010

31st Mar 2010, 22:04

This is a recurrent problem with Acura/Honda cars. Due to the fact that they use the lightest thinnest rotors for fuel economy.

Problem is that unless they cool down slowly, they warp.

Hard brake in a wet, cold environment, rapid cool down, instant warp and vibration.

2004 Acura TSX NAVI 2.4 from North America

Most recent distance172000 miles
Previous carNissan Maxima

Summary:

Beautiful car, but not worth all the drama

My TSX is a piece of junk. I am not sure of the mileage for each thing that has happened, but here is a list nonetheless.

Navigation died. (had to be sent off for a MONTH to be fixed).

CD player died. (had to be sent off for a month as well).

A/C stopped working (had to replace all AC components).

Driver door will not lock or unlock by switch or keyless entry. (replacement part had to be ordered from dealership.)

Two oil leaks at one time (one was the rear main, and one was a simple oil leak. very expensive to fix),

Head light burned out. (you must replace the entire head light assembly. This is 400 dollars.)

The other head light burned out 2 weeks later. (back to dealership and another 400 dollars)

Timing chain broke resulting in car jumping time. (the bill for this was 2000 dollars)

Interior lights around navigation that control the air and navi controls no longer light up at night (I was told this was a circuit board and would be $2300 to fix. it remains dark.)

Rear tag lights repeatedly short out and only work if you hit the top of the trunk.

Driver side window button sticks constantly and window will not roll down.

General Comments:

I love my TSX (when it runs) because it is a beautiful car. I always get compliments on it. I bought this car because I knew it was a Honda product and I had always heard about their awesome reliability. But as you can see above, this car has been nothing but a problem ever since about 40,000 miles.

I am currently looking to buy a new car, however it will not be an Acura or a Honda as I still have a bad taste in my mouth because of my ongoing experiences with this car.

Review Date: 3rd March, 2009

8th Jul 2010, 12:13

Buy an Audi, BMW or a Volvo. Drive for 172,000 miles as you did with the TSX and then compare the total cost. Good luck.

2nd Nov 2010, 20:22

You bought a lemon. What you should have bought was an extended warranty.

Warranty Direct:

Elite Package for 2003 Audi A4: $350 per month.

Elite Package for 2004 TSX: $64 per month.

Why the big difference I wonder?

2004 Acura TSX 2.4 from North America