1992 Acura Vigor GS from North America - Comments

24th Apr 2009, 13:25

I am having the same problem with the alarm going off and the car not starting. I leave the hood open and try to start it, but it doesn't work. The alarm starts going off the minute I re-connect the battery. I've tried jiggling the key, holding the hood switch open & closed in different ways, but the alarm won't go off when the battery is connected, and of course the car won't start. Any help is greatly appreciated.

27th Apr 2009, 19:42

I had this happen to me, but the bad thing is it did it when I was pulled over talking to cops about an accident I saw. I put the key in the driver's door with the hood closed, alarm going off and lock and unlock the doors a few times with your main key. (all Vigors came with three keys from factory; one that will do everything and two other (valet) keys that will only start the car and unlock and lock the doors). I had to do it a few times to my car, but according to Acura and my own test that's all you should have to do. This is just another one of the joys of a factory alarm system.

14th Nov 2009, 19:41

Where is the fuel pump on a 1992 Acura Vigor?

31st Mar 2011, 16:45

Did you figure it out? I am having the same problem!

8th Jun 2012, 00:35

Just bought a 92 Vigor. Just put in a new starter, and I'm not happy with the results of my effort. Brand new starter and battery have good grounds, tried connecting both positives on the starter, and it still just clicks. Could it be a bent flywheel? By the way, it still bump starts right up with ease and runs great! Suggestions please!

30th Oct 2012, 17:11

Beware of Craigslist. Every car I've got on there did not last more than 3 months.

But anyway, I have a 93 Acura Vigor. I love it. It never has problems. It's got 161 thousand miles. About to put a new timing belt on it, but if you want a nice car, the Acura Vigor is the way to go if you can find one without too many miles. They're really cheap to fix too if something goes wrong.

Thank you for reading.

Any questions about how to fix something on the car, email me at kennyshields34@gmail.com.

Add another comment