2004 Alfa Romeo GT 1.8 Twin Spark from Greece

Summary:

The Alfa GT is a car that stands out

General Comments:

The ALFA GT is a scandalously beautiful car, which also combines performance and practicality.

In my opinion, the GT is the most gorgeous car on the market and one of the very few real grand tourers that are also suitable for everyday use.

No other affordable car can introduce the owner to the club of luxury GTs.

Quality is now very good and dramatically improved over older alfas.

The GT is loaded with all safety features and most "extras" are included in the standard specification, which actually I bought.

The handling is superb and the brakes effective even in high speed.

However, visibility is poor and the ride on bad roads not very comfortable.

Review Date: 14th February, 2005

2004 Alfa Romeo GT 2.0 petrol from Singapore

Summary:

A bargin supercar

None.

General Comments:

On my first day of ownership a guy in a Ferrari pulled up along side and said my Gt was absolutely stunning, then hit the gas and left me for dust! 5 months later I still get people staring and waving from cars costing twice as much.

It looks, handles and is a joy to own and drive, and is so much better built than my old 147.

Review Date: 23rd January, 2005

25th Jan 2005, 07:55

I was so tempted by the GT, but my experiences with Alfa Romeo have introduced me to a level of incompetence and excuses that I never thought possible from a mainstream dealer. I own a 147 and as soon as I get it back from the garage it will go straight into a car auction-good riddance!

10th Mar 2005, 09:20

Yes I completely agree with the previous comment. Looks can be deceiving, and what use is the world's most lovely looking car when it spends most of its time in the garage, carving out a lovely hole in your wallet. My previous alfa experiences have also shown this, which is why I traded it in for a Toyota!

14th May 2005, 19:24

I think owning an Alfa is a lot about passion. Toyota's have absolutely no passion (with very few exceptions in my mind). I own a 156 and I am considering a move to a GT.

My 156 has 109,000 Km on it and I have added multiple bits and pieces taking it to around 200 HP. I have had an excellent experience with it.

Goes to show you CAN have passion in a good, reliable car.

Thomas

Dominican Republic.

4th Jan 2006, 08:28

I have had a 2nd hand aAlfa 156 (2001) for just over a year. The car has been a joy to drive, and I've had no real problems with the car at all. However, I did have to replace a few parts when it went for a service - just normal wear and tear - and there's no doubt that the parts for an Alfa are expensive. I also noticed that I needed to check the oil and water more often than the Golf I had previously.

Like so many others, I just love the way Alfa's handle. For the money, you just can't beat them. The only bad point is the terrible depreciation and the cost of spares.

6th Feb 2007, 09:45

Hi, I saw the GT recently and am so in love with it. Yet, am also concerned about the maintenance cost for Alfa Romeo as what the owner of a156 has shared. Is it really that expensive to do servicing and parts replacement?