1986 Audi 4000 Reviews - Page 4 of 4

1986 Audi 4000 CS 2.2 from North America

Most recent year of ownership2001
Distance when acquired194474 miles
Most recent distance199478 miles

Summary:

A strong long lasting car for under 3g

Not that many things have gone wrong with the car since I bought it. Just a bad idle switch, no rear speakers and no deck. Thankfully I already had a deck.

General Comments:

This car is awesome. I bought it from a friend who installed numerous after-market products. Such as an exhaust, intake, brakes, suspension, and front speakers.

So far all that I have done is put on 195/55/ZR14 Dunlop SP 8000 tires and my Panasonic 700 series deck. Such a sweet car.

The other day I had it around 120mph. At that speed it is kind of wobbly. The car was made to be driven around 50-80mph. That is a very comfortable speed. For me it is at least, though I like doing 120mph :)

Review Date: 12th August, 2001

1986 Audi 4000 CS Quattro 2.3 5 cylinder from North America

First year of ownership1999
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 2.3 5 cylinder Manual
Previous carAudi 4000

Summary:

Reliable, bad ass, top notch

Basic wear and tear.

General Comments:

These cars are great.

Decent power, but not fast.

Very durable, and reliable.

Many great options, especially based on year and price.

On-board trip computer tallies several things, including miles per gallon. The Audi specs say it'll get 18mpg city - 24mpg highway, but I've had a few of these cars, and I always get about 30mpg, or more (city and highway combined)... driving pretty fast, and with full time 4 wheel drive, that's excellent, and better than Audi says.

Every time I open my mind to other cars, a quick test drive and I'm back to Audi's only.

Review Date: 26th June, 2001

14th Aug 2001, 14:47

I have a golden 86 4000 CS and most people don't even know this car excites, so I'm glad to find a place where people know about them.

This car is awesome and ran great till I got in accident with it. Do you guys know of a place that I can get parts for my car. Please let me know.

Let me know at tttoni41athotmaildotcom

8th Aug 2004, 21:54

I love my Audi 4000 CS Quattro. Mine is the Commeraditive edition. It is by far the best car I have ever had. I want to restore my car. I bought mine for $450 from the orginal owner and There wasn't anything wrong with it. It is gold with black interier. I love my car. I would like to find some performance parts for it. Can anybody help?

1986 Audi 4000 S Quattro 2.2 gasoline from North America