2006 Audi A4 Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2006 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0 turbo from North America

First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission 2.0 turbo Automatic
Previous carAcura RSX

Summary:

Worst car ever

Car died the same night I picked it up, had to tow it back to dealer, they said coil packs needed to be replaced. I demanded a full refund as it was highly unacceptable for it to die in the middle of the road same day it was purchased, Dealer refused.

30 days later engine light comes on - changed both O2 sensors.

Engine light came back 2 days after - changed diverter valve.

Light still on - now needs catalytic converter @ 90000kms; it's nothing but a nightmare..

General Comments:

Stay away from Audi unless it's under warranty, parts are super expensive and labour is even worse. This is my last VW product.

Review Date: 2nd December, 2009

1st Nov 2011, 08:48

I have had nothing but bad experiences with my 2006 A4. Cost a fortune, and still not running properly. Very rough idle and noisy, engine light still on after $5,000 + dollars spent on engine. What can I say??

2nd Nov 2011, 07:23

If you read the earlier comments from when the car just came out, the majority of reviewers admit to loving the driving experience the vehicle provides. Well 5 years later, and those cars have probably long been traded in, and people buying this car now used are paying for the abuse and neglect.

What makes these cases more troubling, is that people choose to go back to the dealer for service and parts. Some parts can be bought aftermarket, but to exactly OEM spec. Service can be done at a reputable garage.

These cars are not luxury sedans, they are VW products rebadged as Audi's. They may offer some nice options and features that maybe different, but the powertrain is the same. I encourage the readers to check out the 2006 VW Jetta reviews, and see how similar the reviews and complaints are.

2006 Audi A4 2.0T (FWD) from North America

Engine and transmission 2.0T (FWD) Automatic
Previous carNissan Altima

Summary:

Fast, handles like a champ, looks sexy

Small rust spots forming on hood and trunk corners, re-painted under warranty.

Driver's seat replaced under warranty as leather was splitting on the sides.

General Comments:

This is an extremely fun car to drive, even without Quattro AWD. It holds the road very well and takes corners while accelerating like a champ. Top speed of this car I have seen rated at 240kph, but I personally have only had it up to 200kph, and even on a windy day it was incredibly stable at that speed.

Nothing has gone wrong mechanically.

The car performs terribly in winter conditions with the stock all seasons and being that it is FWD (I regret not getting a Quattro equipped model for Canadian winters).

Very expensive to maintain and fix.

A lot of people comment on the car and how sexy it is.

Review Date: 29th September, 2009

4th Oct 2009, 20:33

Of all the vehicles I've owned, and I've owned many... this car ranks highest in all categories by a large margin. I own a 2006 FWD A4 2.0T. I made the purchase in July 2009. The design, the performance, the appearance and reliability (thus far) has exceeded my expectations. I regret however not going for the S-Line package.

I'm a little disappointed about the fuel economy, but then again I like to "drive" this car and the long range boost in the turbo certainly doesn't help ;)

I'm looking forward to see how this car drives in the Canadian winter. I'll have my answer sooner than later. Anyhow, I recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a great all around car.

2006 Audi A4 2.0T fwd 2.0 turbo petrol from Taiwan

Engine and transmission 2.0 turbo petrol Semi-Automatic
Previous carVolvo S40

Summary:

Excellent! The best car I have owned so far!

Nothing now, it is still a new car and it would be terrible if anything goes wrong.

General Comments:

Some complain about the ride comfort, but for me it's spot on. And with the turbo makes for effortless driving, excellent noise insulation for, comfortable leather seats and CD stereo with 10 speakers going, this car just eats distance.

Review Date: 11th August, 2006

2006 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T from North America

Engine and transmission 2.0T Manual
Previous carAudi A6

Summary:

Get your hands on one of these

None.

General Comments:

This is my 6th month with the car, and it is an awesome car, no complaints. I love the AWD, it's unlike anything out there.

The color is brilliant red and I get complements almost every day.

Speed is one thing I love, and with this car you could be doing 120mph, and you don't feel anything.

Review Date: 2nd July, 2006

2006 Audi A4 Avant SE 2.0 petrol from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 2.0 petrol Automatic
Previous carVolkswagen Passat

Summary:

Uncomfortable, indeed painful to drive

General Comments:

Picked up my car on Friday. It's the first Audi I have had since an Audi 80 back in the Eighties. I had severe backache problems with that one, but thought "they must have got it right by now!".

A short test drive was fine, but the first longer trip of an hour caused severe backache, and this morning's trip to work was the same. It seems Audi still can't make car seats - and now I am saddled with this discomfort for 3 years - shame on Audi - the rest of the car is first class.

Review Date: 30th January, 2006

30th Jan 2006, 09:42

I'm on my third Audi, and have never had a problem with the seats, may be its you with the problem and not the car.

30th Jan 2006, 11:48

Yeah, it's a tough one. I had extra-cost sport seats on my BMW 528i and they felt great on the test drive. But after a six hour drive from LA to San Francisco I was in pain.

With all the technology around (plus cars makers like Volvo building perfect seats) you figure an upscale maker like Audi would get it right.