2013 Audi A5 Premium 2.0 turbo from North America

Summary:

I would highly recommend this car to anyone

Nothing.

General Comments:

Where do I start?

This car is absolutely incredible. Everything from the driving experience to all the compliments you get from strangers of how beautiful the car is, and not to mention all the heads you turn driving this beauty.

I just bought the 2013 A5 with convenience and lighting package. My previous car was a 2010 Audi A4. Although I loved that car, this A5 is superior in traction and the feel of interior.

Although I've barely had the car about 500 miles and can't comment on the reliability, my previous A4 with the same 2.0T engine never gave me problems, and I traded it into the dealer with 31,000 miles. Aside from oil changes every 10,000 miles, I had to change front brake pads and rotors at 26,000 miles, and changed all 4 tires at 25,000 miles.

Keep in mind, this is a performance car that requires a little more frequent maintenance than a Honda or Toyota. If you're on a tight budget and aren't willing to spend about $500 dollars in maintenance every 10,000 miles or so, then do not buy this car! This car is like a gorgeous model girlfriend; she will be a little higher maintenance, but will be a show piece to have.

If you're looking for everyday cheap transportation, then this car is not for you; go buy Nissan, Honda, Toyota, etc. But trust me, those cars can never be as fun as this. You get what you pay for.

Review Date: 26th July, 2012

26th Jul 2012, 14:50

Recommending a car after owning it for under 500 miles? It's still a VAG product, and likely to be very demanding of your cash.

5th Aug 2012, 00:18

I'm recommending the experience. I will recommend the reliability later. I also commented that I had an A4 with the same engine for 3 years, that never gave me problems.

2009 Audi A5 SE 3.0 TDI quattro turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Great fuel economy, comfort and performance, but flawed at a manufacturer/dealership level

The water pump broke after 11 months ownership, requiring roadside recovery.

General Comments:

Incredibly smooth drive for a diesel engine.

Fuel economy is excellent - will go above 50mpg on a motorway cruise - for a 3 litre engine, this seems amazing.

Performance is sound - it does not feel quick, but the acceleration is good, and the car will easily take you effortlessly to high speed.

Very comfortable. Cabin quality is high - seats, entertainment system etc. Fog lights buttons and indicators for me are obscured by the steering wheel.

This really is a two seater; the rear seats have very little leg room. The seats are seemingly comfortable.

Purchase experience was appalling. Delivery originally indicated as being October 2009. Finally delivery was 24 December 2009, with the dealer not knowing until a few days before that the car was coming.

Single breakdown experience was not welcome. Incredible delay for Audi to obtain the replacement part, again with the dealer seemingly in the dark as to what was happening.

Review Date: 16th January, 2011

2010 Audi A5 Sportback 2.0 TFSI 211 CV S Tronic from Mexico

Summary:

Beautiful, but you need to understand it is not a Honda

Oil consumption, but is normal (0.3 lt/1000 km).

General Comments:

The S Tronic has a little delay using the paddles in manual mode. That means it is not a slow change of gears, only the instruction to change has a delay.

In traffic, the fuel consumption can go 6.5 km/lt.

Nice build, nice handling, nice B&O stereo.

Review Date: 6th October, 2010