2006 Audi A8 Review

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2006
Engine and transmission W-12 Semi-Automatic
Previous carBMW 7 Series

Summary:

It's a nice car

Nothing.

General Comments:

Wonderful car, very wonderful. It's extremely powerful and the ride is smooth. It carries a stance that says "I'm here and I'm not moving against my will." Many times during traffic I wish I could turn into "The Transporter" and avoid it all. For a big saloon it handles quite well, and theres very little body roll. I love the way it surges forward at the slightest touch of the throttle.

I have it set up so it's a 2+2, which in turn makes it much more roomier, and my passengers often compliment on the high level of comfort that is offered. Wood trim seems to be everywhere, and that's a good thing. It compliments the sandstone colored leather very nicely. Audi really did a nice job of thoroughly designing this car and adding the little details that matter. I would much rather take this car over a Mercedes or a BMW, though the BMW did come close. Before this Audi I had a BMW 735i, and that was a very nice car, back when it was new. If Audi had made this exact car back then, I would have gotten this one. For some reason, Mercedes just hasn't been meeting the bar for me lately. Oh well, I like Audi better anyways.

Review Date: 15th January, 2007

16th Jan 2007, 00:04

I completely agree. The attention to detail in these things is astounding; way over-engineered.

23rd May 2007, 19:17

It is not really for driving, more like aiming. Even at the sporty setting it never feels capable of anything, but boat like manuvers. Very expensive and expensive to maintain. The engine and transmission don't always get along. Lots of power, but not immediate power. I have not had a chance to drive it in inclement weather, but I am sure it would do okay, despite the very wide tires which can hydroplane easily.

I like the looks, the interior, and the stereo, but the performance isn't up to the price.

Average review marks: 9.0 / 10, based on 1 review