A good daily driver
Oil-leak not long after we got it.
A wire to the starter motor fell apart recently.
Some plastic parts in the trunk are "broken".
Driver's seat is torn up - (but the car is 13 years old).
The car is reliable, except for an oil leak a couple of years ago and a wire to the starter motor that fell apart, the car goes like a charm with regular service (oil, filters, spark plugs).
The E36 touring version is roomier, obviously, than the sedan, and handles just as great as the sedan on the road. It is a good daily driver that gets the job done, but if you are going on a road trip you might want to bring ear plugs.
- A bit noisy at higher speeds, and the engine is rather noisy in general too.
- Bad gas mileage for a 4-cylinder.
- Seats are not that comfortable.
- Lousy trunk space for the size of the car.
- Starting to rust bad at the "edges" of the doors.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 5th June, 2010