2006 BMW 7 Series Reviews

Year of manufacture2006
First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission 3.0L turbo diesel Automatic
Previous carBMW 7 Series

Summary:

Would buy one again, but will be going with 5 Series for a while (easier to park!)

Car was supplied with one wrong size tyre.

Cigar lighter not working (visit to dealer failed to solve).

I-Drive has crashed once.

General Comments:

Overall I've been pleased with the 7 series. Performance is good considering the size of the car, and I've averaged 71.7 MPG according to the computer.

The computerised servicing system - which tells you when the car will next need to be serviced - seems to jump about a bit.

Lack of lumbar adjustment is sorely (literally) missed.

I-Drive is not as bad as generally thought, but is a pain when entering addresses in SatNav (as is the lack of full postcode support).

Odd that folding wing mirrors are not standard on such a large car.

Parking distance sensor can be fooled by posts.

Bluetooth a bit finicky with my iPhone.

Review Date: 14th February, 2010

2006 BMW 7 Series Li from North America

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2006
Engine and transmission Don't Know
Previous carCadillac DTS

Summary:

Very poor

When I drive the car it sounds like all the windows are down. The noise is awful.

I live in Michigan and the car gets stuck in the snow. Really stuck.

General Comments:

I purchased the BMW because I was told by some that it was far better than the Cadillac which I had been driving for many years. It isn't! I miss my Cadillac so much and I am so sorry I purchased a BMW. My Cadillac never got stuck in the snow and was completely quiet on the inside. We can hardly hear the radio for the wind noise of this car. I am very surprised. I expected so much more from a BMW. I find nothing that equal to my Cadillac DTS Performance. I will go back to it as soon as possible. I feel sorry for the person who will then get my BMW.

Review Date: 20th December, 2008

9th Mar 2009, 08:18

It will get stuck in the snow because unlike the Cadillac it's rear wheel drive and has performance, not all season tires. And why is it unreliable? Unless it's left you stranded I see no reason reliability should be under 7/10.

23rd Aug 2010, 23:51

That was the RANDOMEST review I have ever read!

Wind noise is understandable, BUT the tire issue and the car getting stuck is weird, seriously.

Get a good set of winter tires and this baby will rip the road apart!!! It's all about the tires.

I can also bet that... actually, you know what, I'll take it off your hands! Gimme a price.

Cheers.

12th Jan 2014, 22:27

I believe this review is a legit one.

It's just that a Cadillac and a BMW are two different cars.

The Cadillac is based on ultimate comfort, and that includes perfect sound isolation. Not so with the European cars, no matter the price, unless we are talking about a Bentley.

On the other hand, European luxury vehicles are all about the handling and driving pleasure.

So it's two mentalities, and it's better to choose what we prefer. That doesn't diminish the qualities of each of these vehicles.