2005 BMW M5 5.0 litre V10 petrol from UK and Ireland

Summary:

The Ultimate Driving Machine

It's early days yet - only had the car 3 days, but I love it so much I thought I'd let the whole world know :-)

When I bought the car the check control revealed 'low windscreen fluid' - after buying screen wash I noticed a patch on the driveway, investigated and found the screen wash bottle to be leaking - simple fix.

Upon driving the car home the navigation system did not know where anything was north of Peterborough; turned out that reloading the firmware sorted the issue.

It's used half a litre of oil already, but that's not a fault on a modern BMW.

General Comments:

Light years ahead of its predecessor in every way!

Performance is mind altering! Not to be left in untrained hands, the E39 M5 can be a bit of a handful, but this is something else!

Handling is far superior to the E39; it steers with the precision of a much smaller car and the electronically adjustable suspension maintains the car's pitch in the most aggressive situations.

It's all a matter of horses for courses - I sold my E39 to buy one of these and never looked back. I am pretty sure that others would feel the same way after driving one of these!

The E39 was pretty close to perfection - give it more power, better steering and gear change and it would have been perfect, but BMW have cracked it with the E60. It is perfect, in every way. The gearbox is nowhere near as bad as Clarkson makes out, and the turn signals do work and self-cancel, the sat nav lady can be deactivated, and the whole malarkey about been able to adjust the length of time the lights stay on after exiting the car?!?!?

It's a MAN's car! - men like having buttons to press, the more the better!

Review Date: 2nd September, 2016