1997 Buick Century Limited from North America

Reliable, reliable, reliable

The car battery had to be replaced once I got the car, but this is no fault of the car. It was bought from a used car dealer.

General Comments:

I love my car. It looks like an old persons car and I am pretty young so people think it is not going to be so great. When they see the inside and feel it driving on the rode they are constantly talking about and giving compliments. then I tell them how much it was used and they are completely shocked. This car has power, looks gorgeous inside and feels sooo comfortable since the seats are wide and very cushy for leather. I have sued the cruise which works fabulously and have been using it for mainly city driving, but have driven it quite a bit on the highway as well and it handles so well. The gas mileage is good for it being a V6. Reliable, reliable, reliable... that is my car:)

Review Date: 16th January, 2008

1997 Buick Century from North America

Amazing, reliable, comfortable car!

What went wrong with the car? Nothing! This car was a beauty and absolutely amazing.

General Comments:

The car was given to me from my great grandmother with extremely low miles (1997 with only 30,000). I did a lot of traveling and never had a single problem.

Gas mileage was bearable for a V6.

The car was comfortable and roomy.

Extremely safe! I unfortunately only had the car for 5 months and got into an accident going 75 MPH on the highway, head on into the guardrail. I walked away from the accident with a couple bruises and that's all.

I loved this car, and you will too!

Review Date: 26th July, 2006

30th Jul 2006, 01:29

They use a lot of these Buick Century's as rental cars. A bit dull as they may be, they are very reliable and deliver consistant performance. They are a smart choice for long-term transporation.

1997 Buick Century Limited 3.1 V-6 from North America

Great car for the money, perfect for the average mid-level executive, or marine :-)

Since I purchased the car, I've had problems with the remote. I replace the battery, and it works fine for a week, but then it goes out again.

Also, the power windows seem to be somewhat finicky. They always work, but usually rather slowly. It gets somewhat annoying having to sit in the car for 20 seconds waiting for the bloody windows to go up.

General Comments:

For a Buick, it accelerates wonderfully, I've spanked a few Mustangs with it (Usually morons who couldn't shift a stick if their life depended on it, but still...). The 3.1 V-6 has 160 horses, but sometimes seems to lag a bit between 2nd and 3rd. No big deal though. More than enough passing speed for the average driver of a Buick.

The handling isn't bad, the designers definitely went for comfort over performance. I won't be trying a slalom in this thing, but it's more than competent for most driving. Do be careful around extremely curved roads though. While it feels smaller than it is, you can really tell on sharp turns, particularly if they aren't banked properly.

The seats are comfortable, supportive but not overly so. It seats 5 comfortably. Six seems to be a bit of a stretch, it gets rather annoying for any trips longer than 10 minutes (can't get to the AC/radio controls, etc).

The stereo system is about what you'd expect for a $20,000 car. Nothing spectacular, but it's decent.

Trunk space is great, it seems to go on FOREVER. Not bad for what's considered a mid-size car. The net towards the front gets annoying if you carry golf clubs regularly, but you can take it out (took me a while to realize that).

Review Date: 18th August, 2001

10th May 2009, 15:33

I don't know what your prob is with the sound system but mine is great!! Just like sitting in a concert hall.. Air works great and plenty of comfort in the seats. (I have back trouble and it feels good to sit in it) Mine is a 1998 Century Limited with all the bells and whistles.130,000 miles and don't burn any oil. I only drive it in the summer and it still looks and drives like new. I can still smell the leather in it..