6th Oct 2011, 17:54

If you loved your Park Avenue so much, then why did you get rid of it? You have posted many comments in the past on a lot of Buick threads that you don't like the Lucerne, but yet you own one now.

7th Oct 2011, 18:31

First of all, how do you know that I am the one who made those posts?? LOL. Well, you are right, and that is a good question. I guess it was just a dumb moment of impulsiveness. I bought the Lucerne because it was about the closest thing I could get to the Park Avenue in a new car and stay with a Buick. I usually buy a new car every 3-4 years, and I had the Park Avenue about 3 years. I really wanted the Enclave, but reasoned that it was too expensive and not practical for me. Well now of course I wish I had it to do over again. I wish I had stuck to my original plan and kept the Park Avenue another year, and then bought the Enclave after it was paid off. What I really wanted to do was keep my Park Avenue as a second car, but I just couldn't afford to not have the trade-in.

7th Nov 2011, 15:28

With the problems you are having and the "wet dog smell", it sounds to me like you bought a flood damaged car. Meaning that the car at one time in its life, has had significant water damage, meaning that it's been underwater. I can't stress enough to people, always ask for a Carfax or other similar report when buying either a used OR new car. I've seen even new cars (salesman demos) that have been significantly damaged and pieced back together to sell as new. Buyer beware! and that's for every make and model, from Hyundai to Bentley.

8th Nov 2011, 14:57

Demos are not considered new cars.

22nd Dec 2011, 15:38

Demos are new cars. If a car has never been registered, it is considered a new car. Once a car is registered, it is then a used car. Though I am not sure if it applies in every state.

23rd Dec 2011, 16:58

A demo often has several thousand miles on it before it is made for sale. Do you consider that new? The dealer certainly doesn't; once a car is driven off a lot, it loses nearly 1/3 of its value.

18th Jun 2012, 14:48

You should have gotten these very minor cosmetic details fixed before purchase. By signing and driving, you basically implied that you accepted these issues. Some people are never happy!

20th Nov 2013, 11:18

You bought a car with 60 thousand miles. You basically brought someone else's problem. You should have had the car checked out by a mechanic before purchasing.

21st Nov 2013, 11:14

A lot can happen to a car with 6 miles or 60 miles. Salesman cars usually do not have 7000 miles on them. For sale the moment it's driven.

14th Jun 2016, 22:54

You cannot acquire and the comment on a vehicle that has 64000 miles on it as being a lemon. Who knows how the previous owner treated the vehicle. If you bought it new, then fine, but come on.

20th Jun 2016, 22:29

I have a 2015 Enclave I bought new and I have also noticed a foul odor, kind of like a wet dog, when I have the vents running with or without AC. At first it smelled more like tree pulp, but now it seems to get worse. If I hit the recirculate button it goes away. I also am having an ongoing issue since new where I hear a low humming noise at speeds of 62-65 mph. I have taken it to the dealer (more than one dealer) multiple times and they hear the noise, but don't know how to fix it and I don't care to take my car to them time after time to try and guess what will fix it, so I will probably have to live with it until my lease is up.

I have driven Buicks since 2005, but this will most likely be my last one. Between the annoying issues I have had on this one and the news that the Enclave will most likely be down-sized in the next few years, I will probably move on. It's a shame, Buick had some great models years ago, but the new ones just mimic cheaper, more boring models. It seems that China has a bigger hand in the division now than the US, and about half of the new models aren't even made in the US.

21st Jun 2016, 09:31

It's a real shame. I have owned many Buicks from 91-present and I feel the same as you. Looked at the new models the other day and there is nothing being offered for a traditional Buick buyer.