10th Aug 2015, 01:49

Paint peeling off the bumpers is clear indication the bumpers have been repainted, as plastic bumpers are hard to properly repaint. Along with the crack you noticed, I get the idea the car was damaged during delivery.

13th Aug 2015, 22:41

I highly doubt that. The cracked trim piece was on the interior and the paint did not peel; it just would get stone size chips and scratch down to the plastic very easily. It was also extremely hard to clean, since tar and bugs seemed to stick to it like glue, and you could not scrub it as well since there was no clear coat on the finish. I have a 2015 model now and I am SO happy that Buick decided to paint the trim with the body color and clear coat finish it. Makes all the difference in the world.

14th Aug 2015, 12:43

Actually I had this issue with bumpers. Had to add a 3M flex agent additive to the paint for flexing with these kind of bumpers. Otherwise the paint does not adhere. Bumpers flex during car movement and can crack the new paint if not done properly. If this was damaged from an accident, not from a factory, it's possible someone uninformed just did shot paint only.

18th Aug 2015, 22:59

I don't know how I can say this more clearly! The paint on my vehicle did NOT peel or crack. It was just a cheap finish used on the plastic trim pieces and bumpers that chipped and scratched very easily, probably because it did not have a smooth clear coat finish on it. It was more of a satin or matte finish as opposed to a gloss finish you get with a clear coat. This type of paint was used on the trim pieces and bumpers on Enclaves across the board from 2008-2012. You don't notice it as bad on darker colors because the plastic underneath is black. On the light silver/grey that was used on my vehicle, it showed like a sore thumb.

21st Aug 2015, 20:16

And again you cannot just spray. You have to use a bonding flex agent before paint. Or it will simply not stick. Try it if you think it's otherwise and get back to us.