1983 Buick LeSabre Reviews - Page 4 of 5

Brakes.

Oil sending unit.

Master cylinder.

No paint left.

General Comments:

This car is the best damn car in the world, it saved my life when I was hit by a 99 Ford piece of crap in front of where I work. He was going 70 and they said I would be dead if it weren't for that car. I still drive the same type of car today and I still have the old one behind my barn, I plan to salvage her one day.

Review Date: 27th March, 2001

21st Mar 2004, 12:50

I have the greatest car ever also, but I have been trying to get someone to get the 'check engine' light to go off and stay off for a few years! The car runs great, rides great and handles great. Have you had any experience with this?

1983 Buick LeSabre Limited 307 V8 from North America

First year of ownership1998
Engine and transmission 307 V8 Automatic
Most recent distance142000 miles

Summary:

Sweet car

It has a large oil leak.

The rear shocks are going.

General Comments:

It doesn't have enough power under the hood.

It's gone through a lot and its still going. It's hit a tree, a deer, and a few poles and you can hardly tell anything's happened to it.

Review Date: 13th December, 2000

13th Jun 2001, 09:17

I know my LeSabre has totaled out 3 cars and snapped a tree in half, and besides a few minor dents it is hard to tell that it did all that damage.

1983 Buick LeSabre Custom 307 5.0 4bbl from North America

First year of ownership1998
Engine and transmission 307 5.0 4bbl Automatic
Distance when acquired200000 miles
Previous carPlymouth Laser

Summary:

A marvel of ingenuity

General maintenance.

Fuel pump.

Air conditioner.

General Comments:

Best car I ever had, I don't have to worry about replacing the timing chain every 70,000 miles and I'm in the process of restoring it and customizing the interior.

Review Date: 13th November, 2000

1983 Buick LeSabre Limited 307 V8 from North America

First year of ownership1994
Engine and transmission 307 V8 Automatic

Summary:

The last true American automobile

Have had to replace 2 engines and went with a turbo 400 tranny. I will someday, put in a different engine with hundred of horsepower that will give it some kick.

General Comments:

I love this car and would recommend anyone to buy any of her sisters. These are the last true cars built in the United States. GM, Ford, and that other car company haven't come out with a real car since. The "new" steel is a joke. Most people would call it plastic. To those of us that are blind, yes the car is ugly. If you have eyesight, you would realize that at least a designer sat down and designed this car. Now a computer game made by Nintendo designs cars.

Review Date: 12th July, 2000

21st Jun 2002, 14:34

I think that ugly is way too strong of a term. The 1983 Buick LeSabre is a very sleek and graceful automobile. I especially am found of the look from rear-side of the car. It is very well proportionate and elegant! The front fenders are dropping a little, just as a reminder of the 77 model. Its low posture add to the lounginess of the ride. The plush interior is of course one of the last American rider. I am actually looking forward to replacing the one I had to sell, when I was dead broke! spochet@yahoo.com

Thank you for your interest in these cars. It feels great to know that other people think like me about today's crappy and unsafe little cars!

1983 Buick LeSabre Limited 5.0 liter V8 from North America

First year of ownership1996
Engine and transmission 5.0 liter V8 Automatic
Previous carFord Crown Victoria

Summary:

An ugly old thing that won't give up

A/C hasn't worked since 1994 (according to the previous owner), transmission shifts a little rough (like it has the past 4 years), power windows don't work sometimes, choke stays on too long when engine is cold, rusted heater core (1997), normal "scheduled" maintenance.

General Comments:

It's big, old and hideously ugly, but it's the best car I've ever owned. The 307 V8 is as about as reliable as they get, but it could have used a serious power boost. Buick and Olds should have kept the 350 and 403 till they switched to front wheel drive.

It's been a good car for the $900 I payed for it. I haven't spent any more money on repairs than I would have on a newer one. It hasn't gotten much rustier than it already is, most of the panels and fenders are still solid. It averages anywhere from 16 to 23 mpg. I feel much safer and superior on the highway when surrounded by nearly 2 tons of good old iron.

Review Date: 8th July, 2000