1989 Buick LeSabre from North America

Summary:

Comfortable, reliable, durable, great "first car"

General Comments:

I love my LeSabre! I got it as my first car and it is perfect! Sure, it's not the flashiest car in the high school parking lot, but it is SO comfortable, trustworthy, and easy to drive. It has power and comfort... it's a classic.

My grandpa had it before me, so yeah it's old, but it's doing great!

I love it! Great car, runs nice.

Review Date: 14th May, 2008

1989 Buick LeSabre Custom 3.8 V6 from North America

Summary:

An Incredible car, one that I'll keep forever

Minor oil pan gasket leak.

Hood latch cable loose.

General Comments:

This car is a hidden gem, comfort and power behind a relatively plain exterior.

Gobs of power and surprisingly nimble for a car of its size.

I Inherited this car from my grandfather, it sat in storage for several years, yet started right up when it was brought out of storage... unbelievably reliable.

This is absolutely THE most comfortable car I've ever sat in, other manufacturers ought to take some design tips from Buick.

Review Date: 6th December, 2007

7th Dec 2007, 20:28

I see all kinds of LeSabres and Centuries from this time period. These cars are going on 20 years old and still going strong! I think I see more older Buicks on the road than any other make. I am a real Buick fan so I guess I am inclined to notice them. Once in a while I will see one that is over 30 years old! It is hard to beat Buick for comfort and value. I wonder if all of the new Toyotas and Hondas will still be on the road in 20 years. I hope not.

1989 Buick LeSabre Limited 3.8 V6 from North America

Summary:

The best car I've ever owned for $1,200

At 157000 the water pump went bad

At 160000 the crank shaft sensor went out

At 165000 had all new struts put on

At 177000 the fuel pump went bad

Passenger side arm rest is trying to fall off

The two front windows go slower than crap up.

General Comments:

The car has tons of power. I've never been afraid of passing anyone or pulling out in front of someone.

I drive the car as a Mail Carrier, so it sees a lot of miles. I put about 270 miles on a day, and it has never left me sitting. Even when the water pump went out or the fuel pump, I still got it home. And I'm not afraid of driving across country. It passes everyone on the interstate.

Review Date: 2nd July, 2006

1989 Buick LeSabre 3.8L from North America

Summary:

Super reliable, good economy, cheap to insure, a great car for the non-pretentious.. A chick magnet!

The rear wheels "toe" out differently - problem prevails.

Alternator left me stranded in Kansas.

Ran into a couple small trees four-wheeling in Colorado - wrecked "perfect" condition of car exterior.

General Comments:

Guys -- the Buick Le Sabre is a great car. I have driven my car 150000 miles so far and LOVE every inch of it! You can drive with your pinky! The suspension is impeccable. This past month, I drove 2,000 r/t from TX to AZ and got 26.3 mph with the 2.8 L engine! And the car has 170,000 miles on it!

Of course, I have taken very good care of the INSIDE of the car… I change the oil every 4,000 miles religiously. The tires are so great – I use the Michelin Arctic/Alpine tires. The make a lot of noise in water, but in the snow and ice, they rock (used to live at 9,000 ft. in Colorado). I have about 20 bumper stickers on her and a Yakima rack with 3 bike slots and a top box! It is all good!

Review Date: 6th May, 2006

1989 Buick LeSabre Custom 3.8 V6 from North America

The front a frame is rusty and tore up.

The front brakes for the second time have gone bad.

Rust from road salt finds it's way through the mud flaps onto the back panel and bumper.

General Comments:

Great performance on this car better engine then any other gm engine, extremely comfortabl driving conditions.

Review Date: 19th April, 2006