1978 Cadillac Brougham De'Elegance from North America - Comments

15th Feb 2007, 08:43

What a great story! It just goes to show that no matter what your station in life, a car is always a great part of that. He was not bragging about his wealth, only showing an appreciation that he had the means to enjoy a great car. No matter how much money he has now, he will never be able to buy a real car like that brand new ever again.

15th Feb 2007, 09:44

Yes, it would be that I am showing my profound appreciation for this car. Because I can, and no, I'm not bragging, I only keep cars for four years at the most. Because of this, it is pointless for me to keep a vehicle beyond this time frame. The "spill" was just the little push needed for me to finally make my decision at the end of the fourth year. As I said, I still greatly miss this car, and desperately hope that Cadillac will produce a car that can match its standards.

15th Feb 2007, 11:36

Why is it 'pointless' to keep a car longer than this time frame? Certainly it is conceivable that one might prefer one's 4+ year old car more than any new ones available, regardless of cost.

15th Feb 2007, 17:38

I don't let anyone eat in my cars, even on road trips. That is what restaurants are for.

16th Feb 2007, 18:52

Good review, god those cars were so classy and so elegant, I long to have a 77-79 Cadillac deVille or Fleetwood in the future, especially a '79 Sedan deVille or Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance!

No, he's not bragging, just reviewing on a car. Go hate somewhere else.

22nd May 2009, 16:00

Actually if you do have a lot of money you can have a "new" 77-79 Cadillac. Buy an old run-down one and completely rebuild it!!! It wouldn't be the easiest or cheapest thing to do, but hey, you're rich right? Just kidding. A wonderful review written by a man who once, (and still does) loved a beautiful lady who so foolishly let her get away. I don't care what anyone says, some cars have personality, and they know when they are loved.

Add another comment