26th Oct 2004, 11:19

My boyfriend just bought me a 75 coupe DeVille and I was wondering if you have any info on the car at all... care and repair, manuals, whatever. Mine hesitates after stopping too and you have to warm it up before taking off. But any other info would be fantastic. jrsbethany@hotmail.com.

9th Nov 2004, 08:29

Hesitation can be a problem on GM cars, my Pontiac Grand Prix would try to stall, especially when cold when you stand on the gas, a new accelerator pump on the carb sorted it, and improved drivebility.

11th Jan 2005, 10:53

"Get out of its way"-when it dies in turn lanes? More like you need to get it out of others' way!

"Huge and powerful"-well, it's huge, no doubt about that.

"1/4 mile in under 16 seconds"-hahahaha.

30th May 2005, 15:22

I've been driving a 1975 Sedan de Ville as my daily car for two years. I bought it as a toy, but then liked it so much I just drive it now. It is in very good original condition, and except for the cruise control it all works.

I've spent about $1700 in maintenance, and the performance and comfort are great, especially for a guy over 6' tall!

Sometimes I really miss driving a modern car, but I also enjoy taking care of this grand old lady from a by-gone era.

2nd Feb 2006, 18:12

Too bad your "grand old lady" has a bit of a drinking problem, eh?

6th Mar 2006, 19:25

Dude, I'm 16 too! I just bought this car, with the 472ci. the one I got is gold, wth white top, and white/gold interior. I scored it on a deal from a guy who was gonna scrap it for a tax refund. he gave it to me for 200 bucks!

15th May 2006, 23:05

Feb. 26, 2006 quote:

"Too bad your 'grand old lady' has a bit of a drinking problem, eh?"

So do those large and ugly SUV's. Most people with classic Cadillacs don't drive them 10,000 or 20,000 miles per year, so fuel consumption doesn't really matter.

And there's a big difference driving a classic and stylish classic Cadillac than a modern box-like SUV.

19th Nov 2009, 12:21

Drinking problem?

Let's do the math. Yes I get the same mileage as a full sized truck or SUV of modern make. But, most of those things cruising the roads have a payment along with the hefty gas bill. Not to mention the cost of registration and insurance. It cost me $12.00 (That's 12 one dollar bills) to register. $250.00 for a years worth of insurance. I think with all the money I save on the other incidentals I have money to spare on fuel. Plus, the ride is so choice.