1989 Cadillac Eldorado Reviews

1989 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 4.5 V8 from North America

First year of ownership2010
Engine and transmission 4.5 V8 Automatic
Previous carCadillac Seville

Summary:

Fantastic

A/C compressor entry light.

General Comments:

For a 1989 with a 4.5 V8 with hp of 155, it runs more like it has much more hp.

The ride is smooth and the car is responsive, comfortable, looks great and feels like a well build American car.

Love this car, and will keep it in great running condition.

Review Date: 14th August, 2010

1989 Cadillac Eldorado 4.5L V8 from North America

Year of manufacture1988
First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission 4.5L V8 Automatic
Previous carCadillac Eldorado

Summary:

I will never drive anything less than a Cadillac again

Ignition switch had to be replaced at 98,000 miles.

Power steering hoses replaced.

Radiator repaired.

Starter replaced at 103,000 miles.

General Comments:

I have never driven a car that is more comfortable than the 86 - 91 Eldorado. At 20 years old, my 89 Eldorado is still an extremely smooth ride. The car handles extremely well, the 4.5 liter V8 power plant still takes off like a dream. The cabin is roomy, the seats are extremely comfortable and the amount of electronics in the car is unheard of for such an old model.

The only drawback to this car would be the maintenance/repair costs. Also, older GM models like the Eldorado are very difficult to repair and maintain without a professional mechanic.

Review Date: 3rd August, 2009

1989 Cadillac Eldorado 4.5 liter V8 from North America

Year of manufacture1988
Engine and transmission 4.5 liter V8 Automatic
Previous carToyota Camry

Summary:

I LOVE my Eldorado!

Radio died last year.

Digital gauges are starting to fade.

Sucks more gas than a medium sized truck.

General Comments:

I LOVE this car. My last car was a 4 cylinder Camry, but even after the first time driving my Eldorado I would never go for anything less than a V8.

The car can take any hit. A Honda Civic hit my car in the back at a parking lot, the Civic had a huge dents, while on my Eldorado you could not even tell.

The seats are wide, and the car is truly one of the most comfortable cars I have ever been in.

Runs remarkably smooth!

Only drawback to this car is the high running costs and the amazing gas mileage I get of around 16 - 17mpg.

Review Date: 30th April, 2006

25th May 2007, 17:53

Haha that's great mileage I'm lucky to get 5mpg from my 77 Eldorado love her though never let it go.

9th Aug 2010, 22:05

I love my 1989 Cadillac Eldorado, even though I've got to replaced the transmission, but it's 21 years old, so that's understandable. It's a smooth ride, and it's my baby. I wouldn't buy another brand of car, because I'm in love with Cadillac!!!

1989 Cadillac Eldorado from North America

Year of manufacture1989

Summary:

Many not-so-good surprises

Driver's door lock wouldn't open.

Leaking radiator, leaks in transmission hose, and power steering hose (manufacturer's defect regarding radiator and coolant--need Cadillac tablet to prevent overheating and a blown gasket).

Problems with brake system and emergency brake.

General Comments:

Fast power.

Roomy.

Easy to drive, handles well.

Review Date: 5th June, 2004

10th Oct 2005, 00:37

I agree with what you said it is a nice car, but when the radiater was leaking you should have checked the plug because I knew someone that broke there plug.

1989 Cadillac Eldorado South Hills Edition 4.5 liter gasoline from North America

First year of ownership1997
Most recent year of ownership2002
Engine and transmission 4.5 liter gasoline Don't Know

General Comments:

Need help. The car has a battery drain that cannot be diagnosed. If the car is not started within a week, it is dead. The battery is depleted. I have had the alternator replaced. The distributor system replaced. Door locks replaced and have had an electrical diagnosis twice. The car shows no problems, but after a week of non start sitting, the battery is dead. This is even with a new battery installed.

I have had two separate mechanics look at the problem and they cannot diagnose it. Is their someone out there who can help me. I have paid over $1,500 in electrical repairs, and the problem remains. Please help!

Review Date: 19th November, 2002

12th Jan 2003, 15:25

I purchased a 1990 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz brand new. I am still experiencing an electrical drain after replacing the battery four times in the past 2 years. Thank God I purchased the battery from Sears. I thought that the after market alarm system I had installed was causing the drain. I have had it checked several times by Sears to no avail. I only have 66,000 miles on my Caddy and the electrical drain has occurred only for the past 2 years. I don't drive the car that often and that does have an affect on the battery. Good luck.